VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We all make mistakes right?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher French
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: We all make mistakes right? Reply with quote

Hey all,

I was going through some of my practice audio files and found a mistake I made that I actually saved. Thought you all might get a kick out of it.

A rare (yeah-right) blooper

In case you're wondering, the actual line was "Are you wanting to help stop crime?"

I wish I still had the version where I asked "Are you wanting to stop help crime?" I'm still trying to figure out what a "help crime" is.

"The only limitations we truly have are the ones we place on ourselves." -Attributed to Donald Trump
Tom Greenlee
DC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris.....That was really funny. I can't tell you how much that sounds like me. I'm always having to edit things like that out. I guess when you can relate, it increases the humor value. I loved it!

"Communication without intelligence is noise; Intelligence without communication is irrelevant."

Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
Former Commandant of the Marine Corps
dhouston67
VO-BB Intarwebz Glossary Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While on air at a country station, I came out of a song called "Looking for a Place to Fall Apart" and back-announced it as... "Looking for a Place to Paul a Fart".

Live. On-air.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite is one I pulled on air after pulling a long air shift the previous night, and then being called in to do the early news at 6:00 a.m. (two hours of sleep - by the way...)... here is the news story - it read: "Four thousand smoke jumpers and fire-fighers are at the scene of the this wildfire in ...."

It came out: "Four thousand smoke jumpers and fire-farters are at the scene of this wildfire...".

I know it draws an interesting picture...LOL

Usually we did a little banter between the news guy (me) - and the on-air talent... so his mic was open during this episode... what the listeners heard was a big loud thump... and roaring laughter... slightly off mic.

I had to carry-on the rest of the newscast and a few extra minutes before the on-air guy could gain enough composure to hit the commercial break and take our mics off-air... the whole 9 minutes of this debaucle - there was the sound of muffled wide mouth giggles, those of the on-air guy who had fallen off his chair and was on the floor uncontrollably laughing...

Frank F

O.K., you had to be there...
glittlefield
M&M

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once came out of "Young Turds" by Rod Stewart.

My wife's then-boss heard it and told me so.

Greg
VO-BB Member #59
Dave
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of my "finest" moments on-air...

(News anchor days - after being on the air for about 10 hours covering the elections)

"that's the national scene...now lets take a look at the local erection results."

(First on-air job in the biz)

Each Sunday morning the station had a community service segment featuring the obituaries listed in the county newspaper...read live. Not the most exhilirating duty for a 19 year old "disc jockey" but hey...I was on the air!

Anyway, the program director stopped by the station that morning to get something from his office and on the way out did the old "going downstairs disappearing act" as he passed by the control room window. To him it was just a harmless prank on the new guy. ME? Well, I cracked up! Totally cracked up!!! Laughed uncontrollably for the next serveral minutes as I read the sad news about all the fine folks that died that week.

I was convinced my broadcasting career was just as dead as the people I read about that morning...but... since it was the program director himself that caused me to go into hysterics he decided to let it go.

Dave
Hart
Assistant Asylum Chief

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

That's classic! I on the other hand, have a reputation for being unflappable on the air - only partially deserved. Reminds me of the time my female program director flashed me while I was on-air. She didn't make me crack but man I enjoyed the "gesture."
donrandall

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I developed a reputation as being one of those people that ya just couldn't shake up, break up, crack up or otherwise fluster. They tried - and all you radio people know all the tricks in the routine. They all failed - and here it comes - Until one day when a former news guy that had left the radio thing to go do the tv thing came in to visit.

I was doing a fifteen minute news cast. He - we'll call him Larry, because that is his real name - stood right directly in front of the window between the news booth and control room. Now, that wasn't all that funny, but he then did indeed and in fact present his pride and joy in a most ceremonious fashion and then, with two pencils, begin tapping out a rather frenzied and ostentatious rendition of the drum solo from "Wipe Out" which they fed back into my headphones thru the cue circuit. The control room was filled with various staff members of all possible varieties to see if he could make good on his promise to make me lose it.

Do you know how many PSA's you can run in fifteen minute news cast?
Christopher French
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So tell me, Don, which one of the WCSR staff was that? Shocked

"The only limitations we truly have are the ones we place on ourselves." -Attributed to Donald Trump
dhouston67
VO-BB Intarwebz Glossary Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't bother mentioning my flashing story. Hell, it seems that if you haven't had someone show you their goodies through the newsroom glass, you haven't really worked in broadcasting...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Hart
Assistant Asylum Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhouston67 wrote:
I didn't bother mentioning my flashing story. Hell, it seems that if you haven't had someone show you their goodies through the newsroom glass, you haven't really worked in broadcasting...

Heh. I generally don't talk about the male flashings I have received. I try to block them from my memory. On the flip side, back when I was a Howard Stern wannabe it sure was nice having 4 naked college girls in the studio with me.
Christopher French
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn! I knew I should've gone into broadcasting originally instead of Psychology!!

donrandall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris - that wasn't WCSR. Although there was some of the usual harmless, but merry frolicking in the plush but not overly ostentatious studios of WCSR back in 1970. Mike Flynn, now the station manager there, is a good guy and was a very good friend. He had what was probably the fastest car in town at the time - a (heh, heh, heh...) slightly modified 69 Plymouth GTX.

I really enjoyed working and living in Hillsdale. Great town, wonderful people.
tackerman
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

--

Last edited by tackerman on Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
BenWils
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!!! We need a video link of that one......maybe put that on your 'on cam' demo reel...hilarious!

"To be really good at voiceover, you need to improve your footwork and hip snap."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: