VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice123 "Remarks" Field

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TC
Club 300

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Voice123 "Remarks" Field Reply with quote

Voice123 users: What, if anything, do you put in the "Remarks" field when you respond to a lead? I just joined about a week ago. Occasionally, there is something in the lead itself to respond to, like "Quick turnaround needed" or something like that. But more often than not, I'm kind of at a loss.

It seems like I should put *something* in there, just to prove that a living, feeling human being is responding. So far I've just been saying something like "Thanks for listening to my demo."

Tony
Tom Greenlee
DC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually say something to the effect of (if it's a generic demo) "Please listen to my demo, I think you will find that I have the type of voice you are looking for. If you would like a custom demo utilizing your own script, I will be happy to provide that for you. If after listening to my demo, you feel that I am right for your project, please contact me directly at
(fill in your personal email address). Thank you for considering me."

Almost the same thing if I am submitting a custom demo right off the bat except I leave out all the part about if you want a custom demo.

This is just how I do it. I'm sure there are much better ways used by the talent on this board.

"Communication without intelligence is noise; Intelligence without communication is irrelevant."

Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
Former Commandant of the Marine Corps
Hart
Assistant Asylum Chief

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sir or Madam:

Thank you for wading through the previous 127 postings to your listing, you need not bother listening to the other 489 after me. When you are ready for a great commercial shoot me an email or give a ring. I suggest you do so before the vodka wears off (and yes, I'm borrowing this line becase I think it's great). I'd hate to sober up and start wondering why I even bothered to reply to your posting. Oh, and if you want a fully produced spot for $25 then I'm not your guy.

Have a great day.

Tu Cool McGhee
anthonyVO
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can leave it blank and I'll guarantee your booking rate will not be affected.

-Anthony
Rognog
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My default comment is, "Hello! Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you soon!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tackerman
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tag it with my web and e-mail address.

Last edited by tackerman on Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
TC
Club 300

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses. All helpful. (Especially yours, Brian! I think there's a potential joke in there somewhere about needing a highball because of all of the lowballing.)

I'm enjoying my Voice123 experience so far. It's good practice for a complete beginner with a brand-new home-recording setup (me), it's an enlightening introduction to the business end of the business, and it's even more inspiration (as if I needed any more) to find a good agent!

Tony
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: