VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Recent Purchase

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher French
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: A Recent Purchase Reply with quote

Hello again gang,

Last weekend, Jen and I were in Virginia, getting things around so hopefully she'll have a teaching job this fall and I will be a full time VO artist (read: Stay at home and play with my audio equipment all day), On our way back from there, last Saturday, we headed up the good ol 270 Spur and passed through the lovely little hamlet of Hagerstown, MD. On the outskirts of Hagerstown, just off the highway, there's the most awesome outlet mall. Jen grabbed the wheel from me and we careened into this outlet mall for a few hours.

Anyway, while we were there, I found an old radio series of "The Continuing Adventures of Sherlock Holmes" Starring John Gilbert as Holmes (funny enough, the series was written and produced by Jim French, wonder if he's a relation?). I bought it and have been listening to it. I've found that it's actually a very good way to get the British accent down. Immersing yourself in it sort of does that. Besides, John Patrick Lowery does a great job at narrating the intro and the outro! "This is John Patrick Lowery speaking." Except, I hear a lot of mouth noise and lip smacks. Someone forgot to eat their apple. Funny how you notice those things when you actually listen for them. I just thought it was a cool thing, thought I'd share it with all my VO friends here. Smile

Chris

"The only limitations we truly have are the ones we place on ourselves." -Attributed to Donald Trump
anthonyVO
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Chris!

Man, I wish being a full-time VO actor really was staying at home all day... that would be great for me. Here in NY, it's tough to stay home and be competitive - I have to be out there in the streets, auditioning, meeting people, taking classes, etc. LOL - one day, I do intend to get to the level in my career where I can stay home.

Anyway - nice story and nice find there. Be aware though that the fact that this guy's last name is French is no coincidence. Take it as a sign that you're on the right track.

Best wishes to you and your wife in your new adventures!

-Anthony
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: