VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

so i went to this audition today...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anthonyVO
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: so i went to this audition today... Reply with quote

and it was at 5:45PM!!! Man - that is definitely the latest I've been scheduled for at any CD's office.

The office was packed (lots of things being casted there) and man I was hot - i didn't bother to take off my hat and jacket since I didn't have anywhere to move to and warm up so I figured I'd literally warm up and sit there and do some vocal and mental prep while sitting. Anyway - it was for A a m c o - and it was a 2-person dialogue thing and man i hate those auditions because you never know the level of the person they're going to team you up with.

Anyway - they were casting an on-camera in the same office but the studio immediately next to where I was going to audition... man, I was so tempted to crash it, but after checking out some of the people there I decided against it since I didn't look the type... plus I'd hate to piss someone off.

When we're called in the guy that they teamed me up with says to the casting director, "So you want me to do the Southern thing? I can do a real Southern thing?" The CD said no and proceeded to give us directions. After we were done, on the way out, he says to me, "Man, they typed us wrong - YOU should've been the announcer and ME the 'guy'" This while the casting director still had the door open and could still clearly hear him. I hate that.

Why can't we just go in there, say HI, audition, say thanks, and walk out?

Geez... I'm trying to book this thing, dude! Not criticize the CD's choices.

Anyway - I made a strong choice and it went over well - another audition on the belt. Next.

-Anthony
brianforrester
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least with auditions like that, the casting director usually has enough knowledge and experience not to lump you in with the goof ball loud mouth! I had a very similar situation, with a CD that I know quite well... As it turned out, I ended up getting the gig and the other guy hasn't seen the inside of the office since!

... Note to self... silence IS the best reply!

Good luck Anthony!
X

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Certainly good advice for me. I'm going to my first audition today at 4pm for a real company (not just a student production = no $). I hope it goes well and I'll make sure to keep my mouth shut as much as possible Wink
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'luck Mr. X, whoever you are!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: