VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Acid Pro 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pmdiaz23

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Acid Pro 6 Reply with quote

I usually record with soundforge or Pro Tools but I down loaded the demo of Acid 6. I like it, I can record into my laptop and leave the hardware behind and take my recordings with me and mixed them on the go. Forget a music library, you can use loops to creat music beds stings and all. Nicely done.

BTW I use an AT3035 usually into a dbx286a... perfect!
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Acid Pro is a great prodcut... but at $375.00 (Retail), there are some other programs that do the trick without the midi and looping...

For VO stay simple... a lot of DAW's do the job very well and do not have the overhead. (oh, I use and enjoy Acid Pro for some things) ...for VO Acid Pro is overkill.

And, you can use most, if not all of the DAW's on your laptop too.

Frank F

Another shameless plug: iSpeek is almost here. Check it out at www.iSpeek.org ...it sounds this good....
allensco
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acid is very cool and easy to use! I've been using Acid for a couple years now. I've used it mainly to create beds for radio/tv commericials. I didn't get the Pro version, I picked up Acid 2.0 for less than $100 US.

For VO work, I prefer Sound Forge.

By the way Frank, the iSpeek website is very nice! Love the audio from you, Doc and Katrina too! Can't wait for it to be available!
pmdiaz23

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt, I too use SF for VO only jobs, but when you have to produce and edit your own spot Acid plays very nice, I've been using Pro Tools!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: