VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Records at Double-time and MobilePRE and AA2 doesn't record.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrkaiser

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Records at Double-time and MobilePRE and AA2 doesn't record. Reply with quote

Periodically, maybe 1 out of every 5-10 files, very randomly, the recording of audio on my machine is double-time. This has only started since I started using the Mobile PRE...

Also, anyone else having problems with AA2 stopping recording when focus on that window is lost... For instance, when I switch from AA2 to E-mail to read a script it stops recording if I click out of that window... Works fine with AA 1.5...

Thoughts, I'd appreciate them...
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AA2 is set so that if you have moved on to another 'window' it will cease it's operation... a bug in the soup - as it were.

As for the other problem, it sounds as though you have set some parameters incorrect...such as brining in a 48,000 kHz file into a 44,100 'multitrack' view and trying to play it... or something similar.

Frank F
jrkaiser

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I did and it seemed to help...

Disabled the power management for all USB root hubs

1. Open the Device Manager (Start-> right click on "My Computer", click on "Properties" -> Hardware -> Device Manager)
2. Look under the category Universal Serial Bus controllers and find the USB Root Hub.
3. Right click and select Properties, go to the Power Management tab
4. Uncheck the box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."

Repeat this for each of the USB Root Hubs shown in the Device Manager.

Double Checked all drivers

Shutoff all powersaving options and anything that shuts off USB/Cardbus

TURNED OFF ALL SOUNDS - Apparently there is some kind of clocking issue with System sounds, when they play, are all clocked at 22kHz, and this promptly resets your soundcard's driver to run at this rate. If you try to continue to play an Audition file after this has happened, it comes out at twice the pitch. This has, for many years, been the most common reason for this to happen. Go to Settings>Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices and select the
'Sounds' tab. Under Sound Scheme, pick 'No Sounds'. This will prevent Windows from resetting your soundcard clock rate, and have the additional
advantage that you don't have to listen to a load of stupid noises!

As for AA2 stopping when the window loses focus...

Go to Edit > Audio Hardware Setup and ensure that the box that says "Release ASIO Driver in Background" is not ticked.

If it is ticked, Audition will stop playing or (worse) will stop recording when you "click away" from the program (more correctly, when the program
loses focus) to enable other programs to use the ASIO driver, which normally cannot otherwise be shared.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: