VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Group Buying

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you be willing to participate in group purchases?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Group Buying Reply with quote

I was reading this board and remembered reading a really good article in Radio and Audio Production magazine on group purchasing. If many of you are trying to build studios, it might seriously be worth working together so you get group discounts on plugin purchases, hardware purchases, etc. 20 vocal booths is certainly going to be a discount somewhere, even if it's only the foam and vinyl barriers, etc. Volume software discounts are another great source of reducing costs, read reduced prices on plugins.

Case in point, Imprical Labs makes an amazing compressor called the Distressor. They've only sold just over 2000 units. If one group went in on 100 units, that'd be 5% of their sales on that product, and that group would walk away with a Clear Channel style discount!

You really want a Neumann mic? Call up your favorite dealer and find out what kind of price you would get on 52 U87s. I just sent my dealer an email, I'll follow up and see if the article is true.

At any rate, it's something worth thinking about.... :wink:

Kevin
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: 52 U-87s Reply with quote

Mic Dealer Response wrote:
Hi Kevin,

The MAP street price on it is $137,748.00 They don't come with swivel mounts or anything. Swivel mounts add $135 each, another $7020.00.

Not sure what the wait time would be on an order like that...

I don't usually throw out quotes. Usually people take the quote and shop, which leaves me in a lose/lose situation.

He went on to say the cost would be near dealer cost and the group could probably negotiate directly and get dealer cost. All in all, it's nice to know, maybe I'll start saving up just for a fund like this.

Kevin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: