VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am Hearing Voices

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan-O
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: I am Hearing Voices Reply with quote

How many of you hear voices in your head? I hear them all the time. They come in the shape of people around. People in another car on the highway or on a street corner. My wife and I will quite often create character voices for these people and come up with improv bits about what they are thinking, doing or yelling at their kids for. I find it alot of fun to do. Not only is it good practice for character voices, but it can get pretty funny at times.

Am I alone or do you play games like this?
Tom Greenlee
DC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahahahaha....that is hillarious! I thought I was the only one! I particularly like to use an Apoo sounding voice, a cross between Indian (as in India), and phillipino and Mid Eastern accents as my voice for this type of thing, but I create others as fitting. I do it mainly when my dog/dogs are responding or acting different ways. I vocalize using "the voice" what they are thinking or would be saying if they could speak. My wife does it now too. I also do it (around my wife) for vocalizing what people are saying (when I can't hear them) or adding what they should be saying if they are not speaking. It gets down right hysterical. I end up laughing so hard sometimes that I can't breathe. I'm glad to know others do the same thing. I honestly thought I was the only one. Thanks for sharing that!

"Communication without intelligence is noise; Intelligence without communication is irrelevant."

Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
Former Commandant of the Marine Corps
Jeffers

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Dan you are surely not the only one.
TGG, I once fooled a person that was standing outside of a truck that I was helping to upload with my "Apoo" voice. It was the best thing EVER.
When I finally came to the end of the truck the guy was giving a blank stare that could only be described as a "Deer caught in the headlights" look. Just fabulous! He then caught his breath and said, "You... were... not... who I was expecting!". BEE-U-TEE-FUL!
I also have a "stoned dude" that comes out quite often and a "hick" that gets people going quite a lot.
At my job I talk a lot on the handheld radio and get in trouble when I start having "too much fun". I too love the 'Left turners" at the signal lights while I am in the car waiting my turn.

When an older lady comes by talking on the LOVELY cell phone:
"Oh Marge aren't you just sooo upset at the lastest reject from American Idol? OH you know it should of been....!

Just remebmer Dan...you are not alone! Smile

Jeff S.
glittlefield
M&M

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeffers wrote:

Just remebmer Dan...you are not alone! Smile

Especially not while you hear other voices in your head, eh? Laugh

Our dogs (in particular, Joe Cocker Spaniel...) have their own voices, too. In fact, both of our kids could talk when they were just a week old! Babies are such great practice for ventriloquism...
Audiogal
King's Row

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, all the time. Scenarios for the most mundane of situations. My husband is my best collaborator. There are often spontaneous song parodies that burst forth, too. Sometimes our friends look at us strangely, but hey, we're used to it!

And yes, our dog has a voice, although everytime I "speak" for her, my husband says I sound like Mickey Mouse! Gasp
Tom Greenlee
DC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this thread. This is too funny. Dan-o, I can't believe you started this, but man am I glad you did! And all this time I thought that I was the only one. Look how many dogs are out there saying hillarious sh*t. I wonder how many different voices I have that I don't know about......and what kind of crazy crap have I been made to say in some whacked out voice? hahahahaha
This is great! Ilove hearing everyones stories. It's like the secret is out.

"Communication without intelligence is noise; Intelligence without communication is irrelevant."

Gen. Alfred. M. Gray, USMC
Former Commandant of the Marine Corps
billelder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family was very communictive. Every evening ususally involved stories during supper about what happepend that day. Lots of laughing...except when I got my report card. <g> We would do impressions of what people sounded like in our stories.
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The loudest thing I usually have going is music in my head.
I wake up with a tune going nearly every morning. This morning it's Chemical Plant Zone by Masato Nakamura from the Sonic the Hedgehog game.
Sameer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to dub lot of Disney series & every nite either of Goofy,Donald,Pete,Mickey n others wud come in dreamz......n next morning my mom used to tell me what I was last nite....

Gosh Ach-Yuck
glittlefield
M&M

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sameer wrote:
Gosh Ach-Yuck

I always heard it more like "Auh-Heeyuk!" with that little glottal stop where the hyphen is... Smile
VO-BB Member #59
Sameer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes even I heard it same....but then you localize them as per your tastes Smile
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I thought my cats could actually speak.
Is it just me making it up?
jrodriguez315
A Hundred Dozen

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about that while listening to one of Pat Fraleys' Cartoon Character CDs. He describes that very exercise of making up voices for the people around you that you can't hear. I think he also says you can watch TV with the sound off and make up your own voices and dialog as an exercise too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: