VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One-on-One VO Coaching with Lainie Cooke in NYC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lizden
A Zillion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: One-on-One VO Coaching with Lainie Cooke in NYC Reply with quote

Hey All!

I just got this from my VO Coach. Thought I'd pass it along.
I LOVE working with her!

Greetings!
August and the summer are almost over. Before you know it September, back to school - Auditions - will be actually happening again. This might be a good time - a great time - to brush up on your voiceover chops. If this sounds good to you (or to someone you might know)...
Please give me a call at 212 874 5865 or visit my website www.lainiecooke.com for more information.

VO WORK IS NOT LIKE STAGE ACTING
It's a whole other craft. Requiring whole other skills. It has to do with understanding nuance by the syllable, cutting 10 seconds off a reading without sounding like you've cut one, taking direction from people whose idea of direction is "lets do another one," and most importantly selling yourself to a million unseen faces in 60 seconds or less.

As a well-known agent said of Lainie:
"I've seen her take raw, young talent and make them bookable. No big deal.
I've seen her repair what other coaches broke. No big deal.
I've heard the improvement in seasoned professionals.
Now that's a big deal."

ballenberg
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me second this thought--I've also worked with Lainie extensively and there just aren't any better coaches out there. While we worked in person, she also does lots of coaching by telephone--just like a phone patch session, so location isn't an issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: