VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Picture tips needed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pam
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caryn, Headshots are their own category for photographers, just like audiobooks is different from commercial is different from trailers is different from e-learning. Each has it set of skills that have some things in common with the other but are unique to themselves. So it is with headshots. You don't want a shot that will be useless in 6 months. Make sure you pick a photographer that you have a good rapport with so you will be comfortable with your session. I chose not to wear any jewelry this time as I thought it distracted from my last set of shots. I stuck with solids, not patterns and tried to go for texture for interest. I actually learned to dip your head just a little if the photog is standing above you.

Good luck with your shoot. I had a funny thing happen after looking at 297 shots of myself, I learned I had a crooked nose I never knew I had! It took all those shots to figure that out.

Now what did I come in here for?
CarynClark
MMD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS!!

Again, not that I'm going to shop these around for actual work, but no need for them to look like Glamour Shots either.

Upon some advice, I think I've decided to not use the original photographer I had in mind. Then, I called my girlfriend, and she's so busy, she wanted $1k for the session. Sorry... no can do.

I emailed another guy yesterday who seems to have a decent portfolio. We'll see what he quotes.

"A positive mental attitude and having faith in your ability is quite different from being irresponsible and downright stupid." - Dave
jrodriguez315
A Hundred Dozen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most important thing in your headshot session . . . relax and have fun. If not, you'll never get a good shot no matter who the photographer is.

There are lot's of recommendations on Backstage.com for photographers. You make want to poke around there. Remember, just because they are expensive doesn't mean they're good and vice versa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: