VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for Producer/Coach for Demo in the San Jose area

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn Moore
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Looking for Producer/Coach for Demo in the San Jose area Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone knows of a V/O coach who can produce my next demo for me in the San Jose/San Fran, CA area? I figure there are more chances of finding someone to help in the Bay area than there would be where I live, plus I am going to be out there for vacation this summer anyway. This way I don't have to fork out money for airfare just to make a trip to get the demo recorded and produced. I can do it while being bored at the in-laws house for a week or so. Make sense? Kill 2 birds with one stone...er plane ride.

I want to make sure that this person doesn't require that I take their classes or seminars (even though I know I need some...just don't have the funds right now) first and won't charge me an arm and a vocal chord. I am hoping to stay around $500 and I can take care of the dubbing, labels and packaging myself. I just need a good coach who can find copy that fits and helps to showcase my talents.

Feel free to drop any names and/or websites or email addresses. Thanks!

Glenn Moore
Charlie Channel
Club 300

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Glen,

I'm in East Palo Alto, about 1/2 way between San Jose and San Francisco, CA.

I have a couple of thoughts. First, you might want to touch base with Elaine A. Clark of Voice One. she's written books and conducts great classes (I've been told by one person who's currently enrolled in a group class at Voice One). She may be able to assist you. She's based in San Francisco, CA.

Second thought: With ISDN, you use a coach/director who is located in a different city/state/country. Many studios offer it as a servoce, for a price. If you find a coach yo like, it may be possible to use him or her no matter where he or she is located.

Last thought: look me up when you get to Cali.

CC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn,

If you've got a phone patch, you can work the way you may end up working .... and save a lot of money at the same time. By hiring a producer to produce a session or two, you can use your space to record and if you don't have the resources (good compressors and EQ or access to music/sfx libraries) to mix the demo, just send the unprocessed audio to one of studios you plan on visiting. It will always keep you under $500, but you will have to interact with your inlaws. Tough choice there....

Kevin
Jeffers

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Producer/Coach for Demo in the San Jose area Reply with quote

Glenn-

Here are a couple in SF area:

http://www.Thevoicefactory.com/ In SF

http://www.voiceoneonline.com/ In SF

http://www.voiceover-training.com/ In Marin/Sausalito over the bridge.

None that I know of in San Jose directly.

You can check them all out on the net and give them a call. But I think all of these are more in the $1500.00 range for a demo which includes script choices and studio time..I think! Sometimes I hate California! Smile

I have taken classes from two of them and had an excellent time at both. The second one is the company that Charlie was taking about and they have a good rep as well.

They are all nice people and they are all founded by women...humm...

Good luck and have a great trip!!

Jeff Stitt

San Jose, Ca. (just down the road from Charlie)
Glenn Moore
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the leads! I hope these folks aren't to expensive but I am araid they might be. Keep me posted on here if you know of others. Thanks!

Glenn Moore
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: