VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How would you like to have THIS job?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher French
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In defence of Mick Jagger, here in Michigan on Sunday, it was somewhere in the vacinity of 20 degrees Feiren. . .Fiern. . .below zero Celcius. . .anyway, it was probably cold walking from the warm hotel to the warm limo to the bowels of a probably warm Ford Field to the warmth of the stage and lights. Mick probably caught a cold. Inoccent

"The only limitations we truly have are the ones we place on ourselves." -Attributed to Donald Trump
donrandall

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...it was probably cold walking from the warm hotel to the warm limo to the bowels...

Well, ya could prob'ly catch a lotta bad things there!

Hey Chris - there used to was a place called Lentz Burger Isle on M99, just after ya come around the curve in Hillsdale. Is it still there? They used to make sausage burgers - yep, that's right - sausage burgers. Same as a regular hamburger with what ever trimmin's ya might put on a burger, except they were made with sausage patties instead of beef.
Christopher French
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, I know of the Burger Isle. It was kiddie-corner from Leutheuser's Old's dealership, across from Reading Copper and Brass. The building is still there, but Burger Isle went out around 1985. Frown I remember eating there with my dad a few times as a kid. Since Burger Isle went the way of the Dinosaur, the building has been used as a Video Connection, a dollar store and is now the home of Gary Grey Physical Therapy. BTW, Reading Copper and Brass is gone too, and the House of Flavors Resturant is now called the Finish Line. Times they do a-change. *Sigh*

"The only limitations we truly have are the ones we place on ourselves." -Attributed to Donald Trump
donrandall

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Chris!

I lived in Hillsdale for about two and a half years from the summer of 1970 thru the end of 1972 - and to this day, I still think of how much I liked the town and how much I enjoyed living and working there.

I don't remember the Leutheuser name from Hillsdale - but I do remember doing some remote broadcasts at a Leutheuser Olds dealership in Eaton Rapids after I left Hillsdale and went to Lansing.

I used to enjoy doing the spots for a Jonesville restaurant called "The Pink Panter" at the east edge of Jonesville on US-12 - yep, we did use the Pink Panther Theme.
Christopher French
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don,

The Pink Panther is now called the Ceaders, and there's another place, just at the edge of town, on 99 heading towards Jonesville, that I think is called the Pink Panther. By the way. . .the 99 Resturant, if you remember that place, is also gone. The owner's son burned it down in the early 80's. Now there's a Chrysler Dealership, and the movie theatre plaza there.

donrandall

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - I do kinda remember the 99! Not real well, but I do remember going there from time to time!

I used to know all the best places to do some street racing too. Of course I never did any of that kind of thing myself, ya unnerstan'.....I just heard some fellas talkin' about it.
Charlie Channel
Club 300

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of jobs (I'm not sure if this is on topic of this thread at this point) , I was looking for work, writing and also on IM, chatting. Here's a job description a friend sent me for a position at a major institution (no joke) in Los Angeles.

Quote:
"Ability to work independently and as a part of a team with flexibility, receiving multiple instructions within a limited time, under a heavy workload, with competing demands for information and services, in relatively short time span, with frequent interruptions, distractions, and changing priorities."

I think I'd be ready to be institutionalized if I went back into that environment.

That job description is just motivation enough for me to keep on trying to do what I'm doing, for the moment.

C
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Audiogal
King's Row

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Ability to work independently and as a part of a team with flexibility, receiving multiple instructions within a limited time, under a heavy workload, with competing demands for information and services, in relatively short time span, with frequent interruptions, distractions, and changing priorities."

This sounds exactly like a job I had once as Assistant Production Director/Continuity for a radio station.

It was insanity, but it was the most fun job I ever had!
Christopher French
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Oh God! It's the ad for MY job!!!

Hart
Assistant Asylum Chief

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audiogal wrote:
This sounds exactly like a job I had once as Assistant Production Director/Continuity for a radio station.

I was going to mention production/continuity but you beat me to it. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: