VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need To Park An Audio File?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donrandall

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud - I heard it loud and clear. Works pretty good, eh?

Elaine & Katrina mentioned downloading.

I don't know about that, but I would think anyone wanting to capture the audio could run their editing program, put it in "Record" and then start the Putfile player. That works for me, using Goldwave. I did exactly that, then FTP'd the file onto the server for my website - just because I'm out of work as of this morning, and have nothing better to do. You can play it here, if you like, at www.theradiohelper.com/bbeen.mp3

I didn't think there were an excessive number of ads - hey, it's a good service that is free of charge - they gotta pay for it somehow! I know I like to get paid for what I do.....

Last edited by donrandall on Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
donrandall

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The system is ez for me to use. One day I'll look into FTP, but it has to be ez.

Bud - an easy to use FTP site is www.yousendit.com. It's not only easy to use - it's also another service that costs you nothing to use and allows you to upload and send up to a full gigabyte. And did I mention that It's Free?

If you are sending audio to a client, it is a wonderful asset to have at your service. I needed to send some corrections - yeah, all of them because I screwed up - to a client. Once the patches were recorded, I uploaded and sent the full WAV file and the producer had it minutes later - much better than sending a CD by mail, since he was working on the project at the time.

Thank Bill Elder for that one - he recommended it several months ago and I have been using it ever since. Hey Bill - in case I forgot to say it before - Thank You!!

Last edited by donrandall on Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We use onlinestoragesolution.com - eay to use interface, $4.95 mo, for huge down/uploads and mega mega storage space. Clients can download their stuff without passwords, easy to use - and it just got even easier with the new Javascript interface.
billelder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have web space and not know it. Most ISP (Internet Service Providers) have web space they offer as part of the package deal. Usually it's about 10 MB and you can use FTP to upload/download. I have two of these accounts. One is an old account from the 90's and I keep an emergency backup web site in the event the main web site goes down. The other is the web space that came with my DSL account.

Plus, you can get a web host account for a very reasonable price, usually with about 500 MB to a Gigabyte for about $9 a month or less.
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
500 MB to a Gigabyte for about $9 a month or less.

Yep--less. . . much less.

As always, I urge people to look at the deals at GoDaddy.com and EDatarack.com.
Charlie Channel
Club 300

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deirdre wrote:
Yep--less. . . much less.

As always, I urge people to look at the deals at GoDaddy.com and EDatarack.com.

So true! I just checked out some rates. Wow! It's really inexpensive to obtain resources these days, less than $6/mo for 5GB disk space — and 200GB/mo. data transfer on a 6 month deal. It's even cheaper (like free) if need just a little space and you want to put up with ad's and banners.

I think that only makes good cents. With the cost of hard disk storage always dropping, it's just gravy for the ISP's once the infrastructure is in place. I was also surprised to find out that blank DVD prices have fallen to what CD prices were.

C
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: