VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wierdest Interview Responses Ever.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christopher French
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Wierdest Interview Responses Ever. Reply with quote

While I'm on the subject of jobs, I got to thinking about the wierdest answer I ever gave to a job interview question. The question: What motivates you? My response: Sunshine.

It was one of those knee jerk reactions, to which I quickly explained "When the sun is shining, I'm happy, and when I'm happy, I work better."

Funny thing is. . .I got the job.

Anyone wanna share their own wierd interview moment? C'mon, why not. . .it'll be fun. Makes good conversation at parties too.

"The only limitations we truly have are the ones we place on ourselves." -Attributed to Donald Trump
Spacegypsy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that came out with no planning in one interview I had, which surprised me because I knew it was the "wrong" answer, but it was how I really feel was: "Are you ambitious?" and my answer was "No, I like to do a good job at whatever I am doing and concentrate on that rather than where I am going". I got the job, and was promoted 3 times in 3 years.
(Well, one was automatic because my boss was promoted, but...)

Looking back, I'm pretty sure it was the "right" answer...
donrandall

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a station manager ask me during the interview if I was "ambitious, a goal setter". I said, "sure, I am". He then asked where I saw myself in then next year or so. I told him I expected to have the seat he was sitting in by then.

He offered me a job anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: