VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Internet Radio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
schaer
Contributore Level V

Location: Las Vegas, New Mexico (yes, there is such a place...)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Internet Radio Reply with quote

First off, Happy New Year everyone!

Now to the topic itself, I haven't worked out all the details yet, but I thought I'd throw it out there: I would like to create an Internet Radio Station, mostly talk radio - I thought TalkingHeadsRadio.com - where those of you who might be interested in participating would take on the production and execution of a live show daily, once a week, once a month, whatever fits in your schedule, via Live365.com. You would need an inexpensive piece of software such as SAM3 by spacialaudio.com or "Studio" by StationPlaylist.com. I have the latter and use it to broadcast our local station to Live365.com. For Mac users, Nicecast is excellent. I am a polit junkie, so I would like to talk about current issues and mix some music into it.

LMK what you think and wether you might be interested.

Bernard
SaVoa.org No. 09023
ryansbeal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernard

I'm always in for new things. I already voice track for an internet jazz station. Let me know if you move on this.

Thanks
Ryan
John M

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAM3 is uber easy. I use it for my [shameless plug]Tuesday night shows on w00tradio.net[/shameless plug].
schaer
Contributore Level V

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to those who have respond by PM or email. So, John, are you interested in participating?

To all of you, I think this Internet radio station could be a very diverse, fun and interesting mix of various kinds of talk radio and music programming. It would provide extra exposure for our voices as well (those who need it....). As far as funding goes, I envision that each show host brings in his or her underwriters/advertisers and shares the revenue to cover cost which is only $107.00 per month to start out.

I'd love to have your feedback/advice/suggestions even if you yourself are not able or interested to participate.

Best,
Bernard
SaVoa.org No. 09023
donrandall

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernard - good luck to ya!

I did talk radio years ago in Detroit, and discovered that it was interesting - and fun - it also required a lot of time, effort and energy. I remember putting my infant daughter to bed one night and the next time I saw her, she was in her kindergarten Christmas play.
John M

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to, but I barely have time to do all the stuff they want at the one I'm at. Plus I have almost no experience and uber crap for equipment except for Bruce (my PC). I've had to do the last couple of shows with a $5 Jensen PC mic that has a tissue rubberbanded around it for a makeshift windscreen. Rolls Eyes You can probably guess where my tax return is going. Laugh

Of course....they don't pay me. Ninja
danlenard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Internet Radio Reply with quote

Bernardo,

You and I have discussed this, but I'm sure the other guys and gals out there would really like to know what that might entail.

We need to do this folks. I firmly believe that terrestrial broadcast will cease to exist as we know it today by 2010 (Or sooner) Get into what it takes to exploit todays hottest trends and opportunities.

Its not about great voices, its about opportunities!

Right Bernard?

Dan Lenard
schaer
Contributore Level V

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not sure that radio will cease to exist any time soon, but there are big changes in progress. A lot of stations are scrambling to bring their broadcasts to the Internet as webcasts and as segmented podcasts. Advertising dollars are moving away from traditional radio and over to the Internet in a big way. An interesting source for these developments is the RAIN newsletter at www.kurthanson.com.

I would like to create a diverse mix of talk radio, music and podcasts on a website I'd like to call TalkingHeadsRadio.com. Most likely I will choose Live365.com as the broadcast host. To cover cost, each host would be expected to find a couple of advertiser to help cover the monthly cost of $107. That means the advertising dollars would be split between the host and the "station". Most likely there will also be room for banner ads on the website itself.

I think it'll be a great place to have fun together, give voice to your favorite pet peeve (sp?), topic, interest, political commentary or create your own music show. Do it live - or record it when it fits your individual schedule and send it to me for broadcast.

Bernard
SaVoa.org No. 09023
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Getting time behind the mic is one thing, but this thread comes as a surprise to me as it is reinforcing (and enhancing) the delivery style individuals are striving to get away from, it is "the" complete contradiction.

I understand what you are doing, I just wanted to raise the flag.
schaer
Contributore Level V

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin,

I think it is up to the individual to not perpetuate the typical radio announcer style we all try to stay away from. It seems that most of the members on this board have some degree of "radio history". I don't. And I don't intend to develop one either, although I now have a radio show every Saturday from 9 - 11 MST that is also available on KFUNonline.com. Feel free to call in..... Wink

Bernard
SaVoa.org No. 09023
Christopher French
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Experience Reply with quote

Hello,

I read the forums and I have to say that I would be interested in doing this. I am very new at doing VO and right now I would need to upgrade my computer, or get my other two fixed in order to be remotely able to do internet radio, but I am really interested. Anything to get myself out there, you know. I work a full time job right now (I have a degree in Psychology and work with mentally ill people. . .not to mention my clients), but I would be willing to devote whatever time I have available to this if I can get the necessary equipment. I would treasure the experience and it would be something that I could add to my VO resume, which right now consists of. . .a blank sheet of paper. Frown I bought James Alburger's book and have been studying it. Any help or advice that you or anyone who reads this would also be very helpful. Anyway, thank you for your time and I hope that maybe we could make something happen.

Thanks,

Christopher French

"The only limitations we truly have are the ones we place on ourselves." -Attributed to Donald Trump
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: