VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AudiO'connell VO Class Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heavy D
Contributor II

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: AudiO'connell VO Class Review Reply with quote

Thanks god Michael Douglas' spot on the NBC news was really bad!! That's how I found Peter at http://www.audioconnell.com/. While on his website I read that Peter held classes as well, I was a little intimidated at first, but called and talked to Peter, and he immediately put me at ease. He had me send him a few spots, some general reads, and we set up a time for class. I made the trek to Buffalo the following week. Upon arriving we spent a few min discussing again what I wanted out of this session and got down to business. I obviously had a bunch to learn. Although we did not dwell on things I was not going to pick up instantaneously, we worked on my strengths and addressed my shortcomings as well. We went over everything in detail that I had asked for and then some throughout the session. Before I knew it, the session was over. 2+ hours had flown by and I was on my way home with homework in hand anxiously waiting to check my email to listen to our recorded session, (which was waiting for me when I arrived at home by the way). l can not stress enough what a great class this was and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to make a giant leap forward in their VO skills. I am looking forward to my nest class be it In Studio, via Skype or Phone!
Dean Jones

PS: I know, we should have taken a picture...I forgot..Sorry!
Jeffrey Kafer
Assistant Zookeeper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: AudiO'connell VO Class Review Reply with quote

Heavy D wrote:
, and he immediately put me at ease.

He had you at hello....
mcm
Smart Kitteh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean, how wonderful to have such an excellent resource available to you! If I lived anywhere near Buffalo I would definitely be visiting Peter too.

Very cool!
Heavy D
Contributor II

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, He "had me" alright, had me learning more than I had on my own in the past year.

Yes MCM, what a great opportunity to have one on one coaching with no interruptions, I will however do the phone patch or Skype next time to save the 3 hour drive each way.
Dean
roger
King's Row

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dean,
I heartily concur about Peter's coaching. I've had one session via Skype (cause I'd have a bit more than a three hour commute from central Kentucky) and he pretty much tailored it to my agenda. Next time we're discussing demos.
Peter is easy to get along with and is very knowledgeable.
Peter, that'll be $25.
Maybe I'll see ya' on campus, Dean.
-roger
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. AESOP (The Lion and the Mouse)
audio'connell
T-Shirt

Location: in a dark studio with a single bulb light...day after day after....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, wow!

I am very surprised at these kind comments but totally honored.

Both Dean and Roger are great developing voice talents who GET the necessity of training for their careers (as most BUT not all of us do.)

It's nice to hear my sessions were of some help. I look forward to our future sessions. Thank you both (and Mary for her comments too).

Best always,
-Peter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: