VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

question on fees for scripts with multiple options

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TVoice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: question on fees for scripts with multiple options Reply with quote

Help. I am new to this group but am hoping someone can help me figure out how to charge with this client. One of my regular clients has me do a 10-15 second tag for broadcast on a regular basis... this week, they sent me four scripts (one had 2 options needing to be recorded), I recorded them and sent them back... they changed their mind on the copy and sent another script to be recorded. I recorded it and sent it in. They changed thier mind again on the copy and sent me what is supposed to be the final copy again with two options. I recorded both 10 second tags. The producer has already confirmed that I need to bill them for all of the recordings but do I bill them for each of the optional scripts? My logic dictates that I should bill them for each 10 second option recorded but I don't want to be unreasonable.
Dan-O
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charge them for each read you sent them, all at the same rate. It was not you who changed their mind.
audiogenic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once direction has been provided and the script is final, any re-recorded changes thereafter (apart from pronouciation errors), should be billable to the client as a % of the original commitment (ideally communicated up front). I've seen it as low as 20% and as high as 50% of the total project at times but that can be negotiable.
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it just a line or two of changes, they would be called "wild lines" and you would charge appropriately. since you indicated the Producer says "bill them for all of them" - call him and ask him what he means... that way there is NO mis-understanding. It's worth a phone call to keep the client happy.

Frank F
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: