VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many hits a month do you get on your website?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dscott
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Hits equaling work Reply with quote

Besides doing voice, I also to recording and production stuff. Recently I got a call out of the blue to do some recording for a company in Canada who had a voice talent here in central California. It crossed my mind to ask "how did you find me" but I didn't ask. I did however find some keywords and msn as a search engine link in my site stats that showed indeed a hit happened in the right time frame from Canada, for audio studio Modesto which pointed to voiceover production.
So the point? Keywords can help your clients find you and help pay for that site! Smile
Dave

Oh yeh, hit/visitors... about 60 this month...
ryansbeal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On average about 2500 hits and 150 unique visitors a month. In my defense I’ve only had this site up for just over 3 months.

Thanks
Ryan
Jim Barton

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the November stats for my website. I honestly don't have a clue what they mean...would anyone else here like to chime in? Thanks, Jim

Total Hits 8586
Total Files 6751
Total Pages 599
Total Visits 452
Total KBytes 221982
Total Unique Sites 522
Total Unique URLs 93
Total Unique Referrers 53
Total Unique User Agents 187
BBeen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

November Stats:

Unique Visitors 890

Total Visits 1011

Hits 3318

One other stat that I pay close attention to is the number of times somebody has added my site to their favorites. Wish I knew exactly who they were so I could concentrate some marketing their way.

Another interesting thing I noticed is that a client who turned me down for a job, is my 3rd biggest referrer, and I'm not even listed on their site. Could be they are having second thoughts.
anthonyVO
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBeen wrote:
Another interesting thing I noticed is that a client who turned me down for a job, is my 3rd biggest referrer, and I'm not even listed on their site. Could be they are having second thoughts.

It's probably a link to your demo or website on a webpage that isn't published on their website (i.e., not publicly linked). The referrer thing is fun, but the most important thing to note is the exact referrer URL which may give you a clue as to why or where it's coming.

-Anthony
Dan-O
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen the refferal url's, but how do you find out who that is, exactly?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: