VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interested in Anime?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KaraEdwards
M&M

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to meet you too!

I will be at Animazement this year in Raleigh, NC:

Animazement 2008 will be on Memorial Day weekend, May 23-25, 2008

I'm hoping to host a panel that...well, I'll let ya know as it gets closer Smile

Kara Edwards
http://www.karaedwards.com
kara@karaedwards.com
jrodriguez315
A Hundred Dozen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A director I've worked with, Tom Wayland, attends these Cons periodically and told me that at one of the ones he attended last year, he held a contest.

The fans were given the opportunity to come up and audition for a role in an upcoming project he was working on.

He actually found a very talented young lady and flew her to NYC to do the session.

Do they ever have these kinds of events at the Cons you go to Kara?
KaraEdwards
M&M

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow- that's cool!

I have to admit, I've only attended a few cons. Most of the DBZ cast began touring the con circuit at the same time I was moving to NC. So, I never really got 'in' with them. They are crazy fun- and I'm always happy to attend when I can!

I was at Animazement last year, and Kyle Hebert, Scott Houle, and others had a panel where folks could get up and record a 'real' session to picture. I'm guessing if someone were to really stand out, it is always possible to find work!

I also know that Chris Sabat met a young lady at a con in Florida. He mentioned that if she wanted to make it in anime, she had to move to TX. She shocked him by packing her bags and making the leap! I recorded some small parts with her on "School Rumble".

Like I always say, you never know where that next gig may come from!

Kara Edwards
http://www.karaedwards.com
kara@karaedwards.com
Azure

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a few guys from the amateur recording scene who have used these competitions to make a start with their careers, sicne a few of the cons do have competitions backed by anime studios - so it is possible. They still had to work very hard though.
I've run a couple of informal dub your own anime sessions at cons, and people have had a lot of fun. Though they do like to run away after the first take which usually means I have to chase them back on stage " Have another go, you almost matched! Come oooon!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jon Morss

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kara -- It would be wicked cool to meet you at Animazement. It's a bit of distance from the Left Coast so I'll see if I can swing it. Kyle is another person I would like to meet. My daughter has been trying to convince the folks with Sac Anime to get him here but they keep refusing. Funny thing is that Naruto is huge in Sacramento and since Kyle voices Kiba in the anime its strange that he has not been here. Maybe someday.
Oh yeah, love the head shot.

I've heard about that girl that Sabat picked up at a con which is very rare. The fact that he actually gave her a shot when she showed in Texas is a testament of how cool he really is. I've have met Sabat twice and each time he was just the greatest guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: