VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More hilarity from Voice123

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Barton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: More hilarity from Voice123 Reply with quote

I've really gotten into checking out the extremes people will stoop to at Voice123. Check out this one:

<<<
I have 12 ebooks that I want in a mp3 format so people can download, and also so I can put each ebook on cd, ie aiff etc.
This part 2 to a freedom/privacy course...what I am looking for is a male voice with a conversational mentor/teacher approach, friendly and approachable, with no heavy accent; someone people could listen to and believe in
the word count is:
1. 9646
2. 8287
3. 7716
4. 7759
5. 8398
6. 7817
7. 8645
8. 9565
9. 9334
10. 9053
11. 8897
12. 8510
The ebooks are not very long and I would guess the mp3 would be about 45 min. Not looking for studio quality, just something decent.
I have a tight budget on this (less than $1000), please only reply if you can offer realistic quotes
Thanks
>>>

My take on the word count is 103,627. At 150 words/minute (fast for this kind of work) we're looking at around 691 minutes. That's over 11.5 hours. For $1000. Is anyone here a Premium member so you can report how many voice people responded to this lead?

Jim
brianforrester
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

128 responses as of 1:19 Mountain Time...

Of course each response is from a seasoned professional with a top of the line home studio, complete with ISDN. Of the 128, 126 of them are more than willing to provide ISDN connections free of charge, for the privledge of working on such a project. Of course all studio rates will be waived for this project, as it most certainly provides the potential for a beneficial and long-term relationship.

Ooops, make that 129 responses!

Can't say as I'm surprised!

For $195 membership, a $59.95 microphone plugged directly into your 366 mhz pentium computer from 1993, and a 56k dial-up modem, that's a great investmet for a return of 392%... hey look at me... I'm a voice talent with 12 e-books on my resume!

Jeesh... I can't wait to not renew my membership!

Oh, updade... 131 responses.

Argh!

Cheers,
Charlie Channel
Club 300

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answered By: 148 Talent(s) @ 1:20 p, PDST!

I have not answered, as I met with a non-vo client at 11:30 am, booked a $500 gig and got lunch with a bottle of Heineken. OK, I'm lying! I just got a Heineken, took a bathroom break (recycling, you know), and discovered the solicitation's been answered by an ungodly number of "telents" after checking in with VO-BB, and given good thoughts for anyone who took precious time to submit and audition and the one who will knock the job out.

It's not even worth thinking about hitting "Answer". But, I am now eyeing the Patron. OK, I'm lyin' again. I just got a shot of Patron and sayin', TGIF!!!! Yea, baby!!! It's the weekend and party time.

Delete!

C
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The job's been pulled from bidding. It ended at 168. Low for Voice 123. So not everyone's jumping on it.

I don't know. Eleven hours of material...allow four hours per hour to record, edit and convert files...that works out to 20 something per hour...and the client didn't appear to be picky. If you're trying to put food on the table I suppose a $999 job is a $999 job.

Bruce
Drew
King's Row

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It went into the delete file after I opened the email. At that point around 40 had already bit the hook. The job poster is obviously ignorant, and those who replied must be extremely hungry.

I've made some pretty good money from contacts I've made there, quite a few regular clients. But sheesh. Ya gotta be selective and keep your finger squarely on that delete button.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: