VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Other Vox Studio Users?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConnieTerwilliger
Triple G

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Other Vox Studio Users? Reply with quote

This may not be news to most of you who use this software on a regular basis - and in fact that's who I am looking for - in case I need to ask a quick question or two.

I was reading the digest of the Yahoo voiceovers message board the other day and something in one of the posts prompted my ears (eyes) to perk up. I have Vox Studio because one of my telephony clients needs NMS prompts and I couldn't use the free converter due to the enormous unique file names.

So basically I have been using this $400 software from Belgium to convert files.

Anyway - the post asked a question about "reading" the prompts from a screen in the software and since I had no idea what she was talking about, I asked a couple of questions.

Turns out that this program can take a text script (formatted the correct way) and display only the current prompt - which you can then record, stop and move forward to the next prompt using the space bar. It automatically saves and labels the file with the unique file name.

You can play it back and re-record it if necessary - all from the same screen.

Then it can batch process - cutting (or adding) to the head and tail to the right handles - and normalize it to your needs.

Really an eye opener for me (not batch processing - I use that on Adobe Audition all the time). Yeah, you're probably wondering why I didn't know about this software's capability before I bought it - well, the explanation for that is pretty simple. I snagged a large acount (bidding, contract, etc.) and needed to deliver. This was the least expensive and time consuming way of delivering those NMS, US single prompt Vox files.

So, if anyone uses Vox Studio and knows a few of the little tricks to help me understand it a shade better, please let me know who you are and if you would welcome an occasional question.

Thanks - and I now return you to your regular programming.
Sameer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any weblink where we can download trial version of Voxstudio ?
ConnieTerwilliger
Triple G

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Vox Studio website Reply with quote

Here is the link...

http://www.xentec.be/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: