VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

May I borrow your ears?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mushmelon
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: May I borrow your ears? Reply with quote

Hey guys...I haven't been around these parts much lately...and you're probably wondering "Who is this guy?"...but my claim-to-fame on this board is that the lovely, mouth-watering watercress first reared its "head???" during my very first post. Anyway...I was hoping you could take a listen to my new demo. I am NOT "loving it". It was produced by a VO studio in NYC and directed by a very talented coach. The problem lies with me and that I don't believe that my performace was up to par. That being said, I need to salvage waht I can of it as I am not willing to PAY to re-record it. I can, however, if need be, redo portions of it myself. All thoughts and/or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks...Tony

New Demo

Current Demo
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,

Overall, I think your new demo is a huge improvement over your previous demo. Much more natural performances.

With that said, here are a couple of thoughts:

1. I don't think your new demo starts as well as it could.
2. The one piece from your old demo that I would keep is the last cut, the Subway piece. Perhaps start your new demo with that, replacing what's there.
3. I'd remove the bit with the 2 guys talking from your new demo, unless that's you as both guys.

But overall, as I said above, your performances on the new demo are superior to the old demo; at least to my ears.
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ronharpervoice
Club 300

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony: Both demos' clips are too long. In the New one, the first two clips sound almost the same. Same style of writing, too. Are you doing both voices in the duet read? And the Wendy's spot does sound a little like the others. Maybe a Lexus-type read like you did on the other demo would work better? Just my quick thoughts, but shorten the clips for sure.
www.ronharper.com/blog
www.videosonyourwebsite.com
Mushmelon
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob & Ron...thanks for the insights. No, I did not do both voices on the double. I agree that I sound more "natural" on the new demo. I will look into shortening each clip. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: