VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VoiceArtist.com? What gives?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
billelder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: VoiceArtist.com? What gives? Reply with quote

Not that this isn't a great place, but what is up with Voiceartist.com? Weren't they supposed to get a new design or webmaster or something? Now, all that archived information is gone.
Jeff McNeal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question. I checked over there about the same time I signed up here early last month. I got both links off Connie Terwilliger's site when I decided to start looking for good VO discussion sites.

I was pretty surprised to get "page not found" errors. And even more surprised when I checked back a week later (and again just now) to find the same thing. :roll:
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It ain't for lack of trying.

A couple of us have been through the hopeful rebuilding of Voiceartist.com only to have the tide go out and leave nothing behind.

whoa--- talk about mixed meatphors.
Sameer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a mine of info for all related to VO/studios......apart from the active discussion board it had.
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no reason why we couldn't do something similiar ... in as much as information is concerned. This is only a message board, but I'd be more than happy to donate some space for a resource guide - specifically resources for voiceover artists....

Kevin
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site has loads o' space. If we want to make a resource guide area, we can.

I think a directory of contributors is called for, as well.
Heh. Like I've got the time to make one.
jrkaiser

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was supposed to be the new webmaster, however, I was never able to get in contact with the owner of the site/domain.

I put together a couple of concepts, but I haven't heard back on them. and I was never given any login information to update it. That was in December of last year...

Still happy to help here or there... just ask.

Justin
ConnieTerwilliger
Triple G

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: VO CyberStation FAQ's Reply with quote

I have about 16 FAQs that I wrote/compiled using the content from the old board. I was working on the Creative and Marketing Topics and Sammy was going to do the Technical.

Here is the list that was just about ready for prime time when the site went dark.

FAQs:
1. How to I get started in voiceovers?

2. How do I market myself and build VO business?

3. How do I use the web to market myself and build VO business”

4. How do I get an agent?

5. How do I put together a demo? What do I put on my demo? How do I find a studio?

6. Do I need to have a website? What should I put on my website? What do other voiceartists have on their websites?

7. What rates should I charge for different VO work? What rates are other voiceartists charging?

8. How do I setup my own home studio? Do I need to setup a Home Studio? What equipment do I need to setup a home studio?

9. What microphone should I buy? What mics do other voiceartists recommend? What are the common mics for voiceartists?

10. How do I make a portable studio? What should I buy to create a portable studio?

11. Should I get ISDN for my home studio? How much does it cost to get ISDN? Do I really need to have ISDN in my home studio to be a successful voiceartist?

12. Should I join the union? What is financial core? What are other voiceartists opinions about financial core work? What are other voiceartists opinions about union vs non-union work?

13. How do I get auditions? What are audition demos?

14. What about audiobooks? I want to do books-on-tape.

A few other smaller topics such as Anime-Cartoons and whether to sit or stand...

The last work I did on them was 8/17/2004 - yes, it has been that long ... they have links to messages and email addresses still embedded, but I just tried to get to an archived message from one of the links and it didn't go, so I guess what I have on my computer may be all that there is.

DB - let's talk offline about what we can do with this stuff. Is there some sort of copyright issue?

Regards,
Sameer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connie your Faqs cover almost entire queries anyone would have.
Links on message board can be done but a new website would ensure more visibility on web & anyone can find it.

I have some unique voiceover related domains of which I would like to donate one for this.also webspace is cheaper in India (including US based server)....

let me know how can i contribute.
jrkaiser

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disk space is not a problem here as well... I am more than willing to host this site.

Justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: