VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to VO-BB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kinger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: New to VO-BB Reply with quote

I am thrilled to find such an incredible place as VO-BB.com.

I've been in and out of the radio biz since 1975, so I've produced lots of radio commercials through the years. A couple of years ago I landed the job of narrator for an outdoor program that runs on the Men's Channel. With that success I thought I might try doing more so I just finished building my home studio (a carpeted lined coffin). I bought a Rode NTK tube mic which I run through a M-Audio firewire interface. So far so good, but now then onto such things as doing a demo, getting some coaching without spending thousands, building a website (most of yours I've checked out are awesome indeed!) and discovering my niche.

So, I really appreciate your allowing me to eves-drop on your conversations in this special community and occasionally pepper you with questions. I have lots of them, but I won't start asking 'till I've read through a lot of the answers already sprinkled throughout the posts here on VO-BB.

Regards, Stephen
mcm
Smart Kitteh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Stephen! I know you'll be happy in this wonderful place.

Don't forget to register, now.

Mary
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen's registration got caught up in the hack.

I think we have him figured out now.
king2serve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Registered at last Reply with quote

I first registered as kinger, but got lost somehow in "the hack." That's what they called a swift board to the bottom when I was in grade school. Ikes! Anyway I'm now re-registered as king2serve.

I've registered for a web site domain www.stevekingsley.com and started to build my website, so that's underway. I'll keep you informed of my progress with it and other things. Thanks again.

Stephen
anthonyVO
14th Avenue

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome, welcome.
Lot's of good folks here (and some weird ones, too), but overall a good community for sharing our business of voice.

-Anthony
Jeff McNeal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome from another old radio dog, Stephen. I started in radio in '78 -- and retired permanently from it 8 years ago. VO is a lot more fun. Laugh

BTW, Deirdre, when I first hit the reply button just now, I got an error page saying "critical error, cannot connect to the database". When I tried the second time, everything seemed to work as it should. The same thing happened when I tried to post. First an error, then it went through. Just an FYI
allensco
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Steven! Glad you joined us!

We'll be right back after these messages...
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delighted to have you with us and look forward to hearing from you. Voice, news reporter and Pastor? It must be great to be in church when you're preaching, maximum running time 1min 30secs.

I once heard of a Pastor who enthused about a Sunday sermon.

"The spirit of God enabled me to preach for 2 hours". To which a friend of mine responded.

"And if you ever do it again I will lay my hands upon your throat and move you closer to him". Laugh
Drew
King's Row

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Old radio hound myself, back when a single track Ampex, a blade, and an edit bar were the standard tools for good production.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
donrandall

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the party!

Lotsa young whippersnappers here that came up with computers and digital everything - and some of us old guys what usta use those nasty old razor blades and splicing blocks.

Yah - - what's a splicing block - - right?
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I 'member back when me an' my guys were based 50 clicks from Bic Pen. Charlie kept a comin' but just a kept a throwing our Ampex 1 inch reels at him, lost a lotta good imaging takes that way.

Iffin y'all have ever tried doing a 30 second spot with 20 Medevac Hueeys flying over head while up to your neck in swamp water. An edit in '68 I cut out of a spot all the bad takes, three leeches, a whole bunch of weed and some napalm.

Still have the nightmares, not Vietnam, K-Wack breakfast where at 0755 every day we had to play something by Hoot Carhorn and his Mess o'grits Band, his wife Bobby-Sue-Rae-Lyn owned the station.

Lt Col P Philip Banks
Ex Special Forces VO1 Section
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: