VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I just need a second opinion -sheesh, what a day
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I watch Judge Mathis and just wonder how people get themselves into situations but it's really entertaining when, on the rare ocassion, someone pulls out contracts they had their girl/boyfriend sign - you know the trial is moot for one of the parties. If you picture yourself on that or any other "judge reality show" attempting to collect for services provided, what would the viewer see?

Did you submit a PO to your client? Did you submit an invoice to your client? Did you submit additional documentation for the changes they made?

Two simple PDF documents can eliminate this problem - a purchase order and an invoice. Get an email confirmation on the PO and you are set.

Kevin
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Bill accordingly" sure is an invitation to bill for all 6 reads, but I'm sure you have a handle on his intent. The change in copy clearly makes for additional charges in my book. If it's a change in delivery, well.......

This is a problem with long distance recording. In the olden days (say...a few years ago) you used to walk into a studio with any mix of producer, director, writer, agency type people who were there to hang on to your every word. You didn't leave until they got the read they wanted. Any corrections or additions afterward were their's to pay.

Today with ISDN it's pretty much the same deal. If you're happy we're done for now. Phone patch jobs are a bit of a gray area, at least for technical vocal quality.

But when you record without them present, I believe ocassional change in delivery requests are to be expected and honored. It just means that a 30 minute session is now spread out over a few hours or days. I cut down on these re-do's by asking style questions first, but even then I have had to head back to the mic a few times.

How you handle the client and billing in a situation that isn't clear should fall back on your gut business instinct. Are they a good client? Is it worth the hassle? Are they really trying to take you?

Bon chance, mon ami.

Bruce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: