VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jeff ... here's the pics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Jeff ... here's the pics Reply with quote

I finally gave up on my wife bringing home the digital camera, she's a realtor. Here's a link to some pics of the booth when it first went up, I've added a number of accessories since.

Now, the bowl of yellow stuff isn't what it looks like, it's Apple Cider Vinegar. If you ride a motorcycle you know the deal....

Kevin
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a WhisperRoom from the guys in TN, USA. It's a 4x6 dual wall enclosure. I live next to Dulles International Airport and unforunately can hear (slightly) when the 747s and older 737Bs take off from the closest runway, but that's about it, the booth rocks! The mics are a Neumann U87ai ("Always bet on black" - Wesley Snipes) and the Lawson L47MP MkII ("Ahhh, this porridge is just right" - Goldilocks). The popfilter is from the guys at PopFilter.com, it's a 3.5" dual element pop filter, HIGHLY recommended if you're in the market.

The Sennheiser MKH416, the 15" flatscreen monitor, keyboard or lighting I added are not in these pictures.

Kevin
Jeff McNeal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowl of apple cider vinegar? Huh? I used to ride a motorcycle, but it's been about 18 years... I have no idea what that means :lol:

Thanks for the pics. What are you doing for ventilation in there? I didn't notice any air registers off-hand. Maybe out of camera range?
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the top left and bottom right corners respectively are air vents. There's a fan that pulls the hot air out which forces the cooler air in ... however, after reading your post I'm tempted to tap the A/C.

Although you can't see it in the pictures the booth is floating on casters, there's about a 9" step to get into the booth.
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff McNeal wrote:
Bowl of apple cider vinegar? Huh? I used to ride a motorcycle, but it's been about 18 years... I have no idea what that means :lol:

Apple Cider Vinegar in an enclosed space will clense it of odors - like the smell of foam and glue.

Works great after you've ridden for a while in the heat, place your helmet over a cup of it and after 3 hours, all scents are gone, except a slight vinegar aroma.
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Nice to meet you Kevin. Why am I suddenly hungry for salad?"

kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<sob> Yeah I hear you, stale salad at that... All the colors are actually "grey" - I've been telling myself replace with Burgundy 4" for the last few weeks.
Jeff McNeal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin,

Thanks for the additional info. In theory, the sucking the hot air out and drawing the cool air in sounds good, but in my experience, the fan just wasn't moving enough air volume to be as effective as I liked. I'm kind of strange about air temps, though. When I was on the air, everyone walking into the studio complained that they were freezing. I liked it at about 68 degrees. If it gets much past 73 or 74, I want to fall asleep. So while everyone else is having hot fun in the summertime, I needed to attach the A/C to make it more comfortable in there. Most of my work these days are quick in, quick out things, so it isn't as much of an issue. But I still like to keep things cool...

Interesting about the vinegar trick. Learn something new everyday!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: