VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CD Design
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeffrey Kafer
Assistant Zookeeper

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

louzucaro wrote:
My agent don't dig that my number's on there and not hers,

Tough tooties. You're under no obligation to get your agent work for you.
louzucaro
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffreyKafer wrote:
louzucaro wrote:
My agent don't dig that my number's on there and not hers,

Tough tooties. You're under no obligation to get your agent work for you.

And she's under no obligation to get work for me, either. Like any relationship, it has to be about give and take to work. And I like her. She HAS gotten work for me, and I get good opportunities through her.

"Well, yeah, there's my favorite leaf!"
Don G.
King's Row

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donovan wrote:
Don G., omg! What all do you have in those packages?! That's pretty damn impressive. Does that thing fit in a regular CD rack? [snip]

Thanks for the kind comments, all. (And incidentally, I did all this before I got the memo about not using images of mics in websites/logos/promo materials.) Wink

Anyway, I struggled with finding something I could send along with the demo, but because I wanted to be able to actually put that something in the CD case, that eliminated a pen, or something of that ilk. I tried to think of something that might actually get used and not thrown away. Then it came to me; a CD cleaning cloth. I researched like crazy and finally found not only a great cloth, but a company what would reasonably custom imprint a relatively small number of them, as I wasn't planning on sending out 1000 demos.

My designer friend came up with the logo and business card design (and my website layout) and I designed the layout for the CD cover, the CD label and the cloth imprint using some of those elements. The info sheet inside the CD case describes the cleaning cloth and I found a place on ebay to get small ziplok type bags to put the cloth in.

I also knew I didn't want to use a conventional plastic CD jewel case, nor a slim case or clamshell, or anything that didn't "fit" in a rack. So I started hunting for alternatives. This fits in CD racks, but in some it is a tighter fit than in others. With any luck, it will simply go on a shelf.

I've received some nice comments from people who have received the demo. Now if they would just flood me with actual work, I'd be really happy. Smile
CarynClark
MMD

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don - What an incredibly great idea... you're a genius!!

Lou - I like your look and tagline. I think if it grabs attention, then it works!

Thanks everyone... this is very useful!

"A positive mental attitude and having faith in your ability is quite different from being irresponsible and downright stupid." - Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: