VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VO Workshop in San Diego tonight

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff McNeal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: VO Workshop in San Diego tonight Reply with quote

I know that this is short notice, and I also recognize that it will be of very limited appeal for geographical reasons, and for this I apologize.

That said, I've noticed at least a few San Diego area members of this venue that might like to know about this:

What: cold reading workshop

When: 7:30 - 10 p.m.
Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Where: Musician’s Association of San Diego County
1717 Morena Boulevard
San Diego, CA

Who: SAG National Conservatory Chairman from Hollywood, actor and voice-over artist, Karl Warren

Price: SAG members free with paid-up SAG membership card; non-members $15 (except for parents of child SAG members with paid-up membership cards), students $12.

Please direct any questions to Lorenzo Rodriguez at (619) 231-3631 or email LorenzoRodriguez2004@yahoo.com.
Gregory Best
The Gates of Troy

Location: San Diego area (east of Connie and south and east of Bailey)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Seminar Reply with quote

Jeff, I just emailed the workshop contact. I live in the Lakeside area of East San Deigo County. I asked him if I can join a mailing list. Do you know of any VO groups or organiztions that meet in the SD area? I would like to join a group that meets regualry.

Greg
Jeff McNeal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Greg,

I just got back from the workshop. Ran into VO-BB'r Connie Terwilliger there, who is so dedicated and plugged in, it's almost scary.

I really don't know of any groups that meet regularly, but the SAG conservatory in San Diego is planning on getting together monthy. Next month, it's improv, then October voice overs, which I suspect Connie will probably be a large part of, if not the whole shebang in terms of instruction.

The thing tonight was really geared more towards stage and on camera actors, not so much VO guys, but it was still very interesting. And entertaining.

If I hear of anymore stuff, I'll let you know.
ConnieTerwilliger
Triple G

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: VO workouts in San Diego Reply with quote

It was fun - and while it was directed toward on camera actors, the basic concepts he presented are very true for voiceovers. In fact, two of my students from my City College class were there and they heard nearly identical concepts twice that day - once between 11 and 1:30 and then again at the workshop that night.

RE: VO Workouts in San Diego. Bevery Bremers comes down from Orange County to do workouts on a regular basis. Her schedule is on her website... www.beverlybremers.com

And regarding the San Diego SAG Conservatory on VO in November. I am in a play (Sylvia at Scripps Ranch) and will be in rehearsals that month, so I probably won't be able to be involved.

Connie
Jeff McNeal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: VO workouts in San Diego Reply with quote

ConnieTerwilliger wrote:

And regarding the San Diego SAG Conservatory on VO in November. I am in a play (Sylvia at Scripps Ranch) and will be in rehearsals that month, so I probably won't be able to be involved. Connie

I hereby retract my prediction. Heck, I didn't even get the MONTH right. We all know what happens when one assumes anything. Sorry, Ms. Terwilliger!
ConnieTerwilliger
Triple G

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: VO workouts in San Diego Reply with quote

Jeff McNeal wrote:
ConnieTerwilliger wrote:

And regarding the San Diego SAG Conservatory on VO in November. I am in a play (Sylvia at Scripps Ranch) and will be in rehearsals that month, so I probably won't be able to be involved. Connie

I hereby retract my prediction. Heck, I didn't even get the MONTH right. We all know what happens when one assumes anything. Sorry, Ms. Terwilliger!

Jeff, nothing to be sorry for...and I thought I had included the following information in that last note, but apparently I only thought I did...

Just wanted to add that I was going to be working WITH the organizer of the VO conservatory to find someone to be the voiceover guide for the night.

Jeff, perhaps you would like to be involved?
Jeff McNeal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: VO workouts in San Diego Reply with quote

ConnieTerwilliger wrote:
Just wanted to add that I was going to be working WITH the organizer of the VO conservatory to find someone to be the voiceover guide for the night.

Jeff, perhaps you would like to be involved?

I may be able to offer some assistance in one form or another if my capabilities are adequate with what is being asked and my calendar is clear for the evening in question. Thanks for asking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: