VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Katrina
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in a agreement with Banksey and not because it's a voiceover, but it's basic business. The standard model is you provide a service, take payment, pay Uncle Sam, then do what you will with the remaining funds, ie, donating a portion or all to something in which you believe.

This is essentially what CDBaby is doing (perfect timing CC) ... If you don't look after your business, nobody will.

Kevin
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't trying to be cynical, just encouraging all of us to make a difference in any way possible as opposed to in the one way we choose.
Andy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My money was moving before my mouth was, Phil. 'Nuff said.
mcm
Smart Kitteh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably a safe bet that everyone here who can possibly contribute funds has done so, possibly repeatedly, and would give whatever else they could, asked or unasked. Can't imagine saying no if I were asked to donate my voice to help Katrina victims. If food, clothing, water, whatever, is needed in a disaster, among the people donating those items are likely to be some who sell the stuff for a living. Musicians give music to raise money for disaster relief. We all give what we can and frankly, I don't get the idea that you shouldn't give what you choose to give - unless you're talking stuff like candle-snuffers and fondue pots. If it's needed, give it - I doubt any VO is home endlessly recording PSAs and handing them out on street corners.
mikemckenzie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's one of the tough things about being a civilized human being...it's programmed into you, literally imprinted on your DNA to be caring, take action when a fellow human being is in need-then a disaster of this magnitude comes along. You want to help but don't know how. Granted, I've taken solstice by donating to the Red Cross, The Episcopal Church Relief Fund, and The Salvation Army. After all, organizations like these are equipped to handle disasters. They're quite good at it. The day after I posted my original post, I was able to see a bright light in all of this. Fox News interviewed a small group of New Orleans residents who took it upon themselves to do some "make-shift" relief. In the early stages of the disaster, they took garbage cans from the streets to make barbeque grills, gathered whatever food they could find and started feeding people three hot meals a day. I felt a whole lot better after watching that interview. Shoot, I felt touched and even inspired. Where was God in all of this? He was there in the form of that small group of people who took the bull by the horns. I can only hope and pray that should I fall victim to such a disaster that I could have the strength and clear-headedness to maintain such beautiful human virtues.
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"What do we live for if not to make life less difficult for others?"

Would never presume to judge or indeed snear at what others do in order to make a difference, but PLEASE... NOT ANOTHER PRESS CONFERENCE!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: