VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Website Feedback?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobsouer
Frequent Flyer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
Quite a number of VO sites promise a level of satisfaction that simply cannot be guaranteed. When I see a site that says "I can do it all..." then I move on without even listening to the demos, because I'm thinking "Oh no you can't."

Maiku,

I think this is the single most important point you've made. It is so dangerous to make an unsubstantiated and unprovable claim or promise. It's important to be memorable, but what we want our site's visitors to remember is not that we were braggarts or blowhards.
+1-724-613-2749
ISDN, Source Connect, phone patch
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maiku, Bob, et al;

Gee, I think I said that with LoveNotes... Make it understood what you do; and what you do well. Don't tell people what you think you can do. Then make your comments succinct.

Toodles

Frank F
RickReid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for all the great ideas and suggestions. I'm going to take my test site down now and rethink the whole thing.
Diane Maggipinto
Spreading Snark Worldwide

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Souer said:
Quote:
It is so dangerous to make an unsubstantiated and unprovable claim or promise.

I love this, probably the most important thing I learned in radio. The owner/GM/GSM/morning guy never allowed any hyperbole. The station never had "the best" classic rock or the "#1" personalities or "the biggest" library. Just wasn't so, or unlikely to be proved unequivocally.

Anyway, good luck with your design and verbiage, Rick. I have some slates for ya...
sitting at #8, though not as present as I'd like to be. Hello!

www.d3voiceworks.com
Hart
Assistant Asylum Chief

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worked at a station where our whole deal for a while was having the biggest library. We even did a tv campaign around it with a truck backing up to the camera and dumping thousands of CD's everywhere.

Our owner was a real stickler about that too. He only let us do it because we did have the biggest library in the area and listeners could walk in the door and see it if they wanted to.

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

I guess my point is it's fine as long as you can substantiate it, otherwise I agree. It boils down to the basic sales premise of "Under promise and over deliver."
chriswagner
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here here! I completely agree. I have done sites for VO's where they promised the fastest turn around, highest satisfaction and so on..

I would always say don't.. You might be able to have really tight turn arounds right now if you're not that busy, but when you get busy you won't be able to live up to your hype!

So.. Hype what you can live up to... great minds think alike.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: