VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microphone Pix
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Microphone Pix Reply with quote

Coutant's Collection of microphone pix and info.

He has some really wonderful star pictures as well as all the technical stuff.

And a small history of Pro Tools with a picture of a friend.

kgenus
Seriously Devoted

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: RCA 74B Jr. Velocity Ribbon Microphone Reply with quote

RCA 74B Jr. Velocity Ribbon Microphone

Ribbon mics seem to be making a small come back and I thought I would offer up a picture of one of my vintage ribbons. This is an RCA 74B Jr. Velocity Ribbon Microphone, the microphone RCA designed for remote broadcasting back in the 40s. It did not have the frequency range of the RCA 44 series (pictured in Deirdre's previous post), was slightly smaller and had a swivel mount on its base in later versions. It maintained all the amazing sound characteristics RCA ribbons were (and still are) known for.

Kevin
billelder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...they're making a comeback? Cool!

I love my RCA 77D. Before I owned it, the mic hung above the Washington Symphony Orchestra in DC. I had it re-worked by Clarence Kane.
jrkaiser

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: It's So Pretty Reply with quote

My Christmas present to myself after landing a couple of very good regular clients this past few months. It sounds soooo much better than what I currently have. Bought it new with the pro discount and tax at GC for $410. I've been looking at these for quite a while. Will team it up with a new pre/proc/comp in a month or so (I found a great deal on a new Focusrite VM Plat Pro for $250 less than what you can normally buy them for), and I am treating the room with some salvaged Cutting Edge/Auralex in January.

Thanks for the fellowship in making us all sound better. It's been an adventure!

Justin

Btw, if you want the Symetrix or Behringer that I have been using, feel free to check them out here...
Joe Whistler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Let's not stop at microphones... Reply with quote

Heck...I'd love to see some other personal studios and how they're laid out!
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's Mission Control at Camp Cooper:

Mike
Nasty Brit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: Let's not stop at microphones... Reply with quote

Joe Whistler wrote:
Heck...I'd love to see some other personal studios and how they're laid out!

Here's the new flightdeck of Starship Rhys.

Cheers.

Mike.
Joe Whistler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:16 am    Post subject: Pics Reply with quote

Great pics!
jrkaiser

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Remodeling the Studio Reply with quote

we've had some major flooding here. I'll send pics if you want. We broadcast from my house all weekend as we couldn't get into the station. Worst of all, it froze too... Pretty crazy.

I'm doing tonight what I wanted to do all weekend. I'm trying to piece it back together tonight... Still need to pick up the foam to treat the room better and need to do some soldering on it. Also trying to find some monitors.

This setup picks up everything. I've never heard so many things. I can hear my dog eating downstairs, the dogs outside, the squirrel across the street, it's the most amazing thing I've ever heard.

Joe Whistler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of great photos! Each setup has it's own personality and it's fun to see all the gear.

Hope the flooding didn't affect you directly, Justin. When things settle down a bit for you, I might ask you a few questions about the VM Pro, if you don't mind. Are you looking for any particualar type monitors? I just got a set of Event TR5' and I'm pretty pleased with them...seems to be about right for small room/near field use.
jrkaiser

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides broadcasting from home all weekend and extreme lack of sleep it could have been a lot worse. I've got 2 cars in the shop drying out... frozen brakes/starter/etc. It supposedly floods here about once every few years but not as bad as this. Then it froze... It has been devastating for much of the community.

So far this has happened 2 other times, but during summer and we take a tractor or airboat into the station as it floods on both sides. In a way, it's kind of fun and a change of pace.

This weekend we were here passing information along from my studio at home. Had a marti turned on and up at the station and I can control the automation system remotely, so we could do the normal things we would do from our "Emergency Broadcast Center".

As for my house, we had 3 feet of water in the street and front yard, but it only reached just below the top step and never came in. It has never reached the step before. The backyard, 1/2 of it had 6 inches of water. I had to go through the backyard, jump a fence, and another yard to get to the station van parked high and dry.

Watseka is the lowest point of the county so when you have non-stop rain, already saturated ground, and cold temps where the vegetation will not take in any water, it's a recipe for disaster.

Here are some more pics... http://justinkaiser.com/familypics/Flood%20Jan%202005/
jrkaiser

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Updated Studio Pics Reply with quote

Since a few of you have uploaded pics of your studio, I thought I'd share mine. I had a chance to go up and shoot a few. Wish I had a chance to use it more, but this whole job thing has been busy lately...

http://justinkaiser.com/audio/demos/justin/studio/

Enjoy, let me know what you think. I'm still working on some acoustics and tweaking/tuning, but it's coming along...

Justin
Andy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does ya post pitchers on dis here board?
SoundsGreat-Elaine Singer
King's Row

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, click on the "Img" button in the posting screen. You'll see this: [img]. Type in the URL where your picture is located and then press the "Img" button again and you'll see this: [/img]. And, that's it.
billelder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You post pictures like this.

Put a picture on your personal web space.
Let's say you're with 'earthlink' with a username of 'voiceguy'. Your studio picture name is "studiopic1.jpg" Upload your picture to your Earthlink account. The image location will be this:

http://home.earthlink.net/~voiceguy/studiopic1.jpg

When posting on VO-BB, select the "Img" button from the selection above the "Post a Reply "screen".

Click 'Img' button
Type or paste: http://home.earthlink.net/~voiceguy/studiopic1.jpg
Click 'Img' button again.

Make sure it's all together on one line with no spaces between the Img tag, beginning and end of the image location, or it won't work. You'll notice the end Img has a / in front of it.

Preview your post and you'll see your picture. You have to have a seperate [Img] for each picture.

Hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: