VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New website
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenWils
The Thirteenth Floor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenWils wrote:
It is nice and simple. I would make the star player a different color than your logo though. Seems too redundant to me having two star images right next to each other.

Never mind me Tom. I did not see the big star was more of a gray color. I am not the best judge of color though. That's why I never became a pilot.

I am using Safari and everthing works for me except the "back to beginning" button. Also, you have to double click on your site nav buttons. Not sure if you want to change to single.....might be easier for people looking.

Very simple and clean design. I like the star player.

"To be really good at voiceover, you need to improve your footwork and hip snap."
tackerman
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenWils wrote:
BenWils wrote:
It is nice and simple. I would make the star player a different color than your logo though. Seems too redundant to me having two star images right next to each other.

Never mind me Tom. I did not see the big star was more of a gray color. I am not the best judge of color though. That's why I never became a pilot.

I am using Safari and everthing works for me except the "back to beginning" button. Also, you have to double click on your site nav buttons. Not sure if you want to change to single.....might be easier for people looking.

Very simple and clean design. I like the star player.

Thanks Ben!

I am a pilot and I'm still a crappy judge of color. Wink
jasbart
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Avatar Reply with quote

Tom:

Is your avatar the doomed runway 29 at Bluegrass Airport?

Jim
tackerman
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Lord no! That was 26.

It's some guys private backyard strip. I love the pic because it reminds me of the feeling you get just as you apply full throttle for a take-off roll. (Which in a Cessna 172 is much less impressive than it sounds.) Laugh
jasbart
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry...my mistake.

Jim
jrodriguez315
A Hundred Dozen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenWils wrote:
I agree with the two stars thing. It looks like the Tom Ackerman star is sitting on the shoulder of the big Commercial star. Other than that, very clean and simple.
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveanthony wrote:
I'm seeing the white bar. But I do have to scroll down to see the last few links. If Mary and I are seeing the same thing, then moving the grey star (and links) up, and moving the white star left, would allow all the links to be displayed without needing to scroll.

My screen resolution is 1024 x 720. But variations in Windows and Browser settings (number of lines on the Windows Tool Bar, browser Nav Bars, like having a Google bar and Yahoo bar, etc) , eat up screen real estate.

Anything taller than 600 pixels is going to be troublsome on a laptop-- but you guys using IE really have yourselves hamstrung with those endless menu bars. There's almost no way to set up something that won't require scrolling.
Get rid of 'em and see what the Safari and Firefox users enjoy.
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that would inspire confidence in potential buyers is your broadcasting experience. The site needs to tell people that you are someone who knows what they are doing. A website that looks like the sleeve of an old LP "The best hits of '74" is not going to do that. Scrolling or non-scrolling 1045x1765 screen resolution on Daktari browsers or better functionality with Columbo 4.1 don't mean diddly.

1 page - Who, why, where and lemme hear ya. It needs to be clean, clear and to help decision makers make a quick decision.
richgates

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the site is clean and easy to navigate. I like the media player as well. I prefer a bit more color, but I don't think it is that important. Some people think your website isn't that important and some do. I believe that every time you represent yourself as a voice talent it should be done as professionally as possible. Which I believe you have done here.

My only issue is that I am not fond of sites that are 100% Flash. First it requires you to have two versions of your site and Flash sites are not indexed by Google. It looks like they have added the meta tags which is good. I would ask them to change the <title> to something like Male Voice Talent - Tom Ackerman rather than spotlighting that they designed your site.

Looks good though. One question I have in closing. Are you branding yourself as a sort of vintage style guy? The reason why I ask is that I'm actually going to be redoing my website to have some real branding once I determine how I want to do it.
tackerman
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the feedback folks! I really appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: