VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updated demos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allensco
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Updated demos Reply with quote

Hello all! In my continuing effort to improve, I have updated my demos with more recent material. I respectfully solicit your comments. Laugh

Commercial Demo
Narration Demo
Telephone Demo

Thanks for taking the time to listen.
Hart
Assistant Asylum Chief

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen,

I've listened to so much of your stuff it's hard for me to be impartial, but here goes. I'll stick to your commercial demo.

The length is good, quality is nice. I can tell you're lovin the Lawson mic.

I would move the lead off spot. It's a cool effect, and I use something similar in a lot of my imaging but it's probably not the sound that's going to get you hired most of the time. Keep it but move it later in the demo.

Either recut or drop the ABC Mortgage spot. Your vocal quality is nice but your speech pattern feels off to me. I feel like you should be having a conversation with me, but your read is a bit stilted. Maybe move the security system spot up. It's warmer.

Overall not bad, but I would revise revise revise. I read something recently about how many times Dr. Seuss revised The Cat In The Hat. That's good advice for us VO types I think. Keep revising until you get it down to that golden nugget of pure Allen.
allensco
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hart wrote:
Allen,

I've listened to so much of your stuff it's hard for me to be impartial, but here goes. I'll stick to your commercial demo.

The length is good, quality is nice. I can tell you're lovin the Lawson mic.

I would move the lead off spot. It's a cool effect, and I use something similar in a lot of my imaging but it's probably not the sound that's going to get you hired most of the time. Keep it but move it later in the demo.

Either recut or drop the ABC Mortgage spot. Your vocal quality is nice but your speech pattern feels off to me. I feel like you should be having a conversation with me, but your read is a bit stilted. Maybe move the security system spot up. It's warmer.

Overall not bad, but I would revise revise revise. I read something recently about how many times Dr. Seuss revised The Cat In The Hat. That's good advice for us VO types I think. Keep revising until you get it down to that golden nugget of pure Allen.

Thanks for taking time to listen! I'll go over them and make changes per your comments Laugh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: