VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice 123 Spam?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Voice 123 Spam? Reply with quote

Has everyone been getting an untold load of crap from Voice 123 over the last 2 days?

I have been somewhat surprised. It's like a 10-year-old is driving the bus.
donrandall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean like the guy that wants a Don Lafontaine sound alike and is willing to pay a whopping twelve dollars?

Or the agency that wants a John Facenda sound alike and will go as high as Twelve fifty?
Andy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got about seven odd "leads" starting around 6:00 PM last night through this morning. Some said they were tests, others had Caroline as the author, the remainder were just blather. They're either testing the system or some kid got into the works and started having fun.

John Facenda for $12. LOL. He's spinning in his grave. I grew up watching him anchor news in Philly. And his NFL films? What pipes!
mikemckenzie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: voice 123 spam Reply with quote

As a matter of fact, yes. I just got in and checked my yahoo in box and the thing had 32 messagees from voice123. And every darn one of them said "Test" or "This is a test" or "test, no need to reply." Jimminy-dippity-cricket, is that what my $195 is for?
mikemckenzie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:28 am    Post subject: voice123 spam Reply with quote

At least when I was 10 years old, I could spell "jingles" correctly. REFER to voice123 spam "Looking for people for gingles"
Mike
Nasty Brit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: voice123 spam Reply with quote

mikemckenzie wrote:
At least when I was 10 years old, I could spell "jingles" correctly. REFER to voice123 spam "Looking for people for gingles"

I like the one that said something like:

"jhdldpgtbegmdspwmrtb"

I noticed that 6 people had replied. I would've too, but I couldn't figure out how to pronounce it.

"If grass could run, cows would look like tigers."
Murray Wiggle
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$5999 gets you onto armwrestle.com the new voice over jobs site. No talent required, voice artists merely arm wrestle each other for gigs.

On-hold $5
Radio $10
TV $20

Obviously if the artist wants to offer the client more money that's ok. Not a popular site at the moment, only 8967 mvo's and 3543 fvo's, early days though.
mikemckenzie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Conquistador outfit Reply with quote

"I don't know about Giacomo's odd Bird Conquistador outfit, but his voice is le sex."

---who's voice?
Deirdre
Czarina Emeritus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Maiku plays all manner of characters in all manner of games. He makes an exceptionally excellent British Bad Guy.

Le Sex, indeed.
danlenard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: v123 spam Reply with quote

I don't think it was spam, I think the system crashed or was compromised.

In any event I found it interesting that there were so many replys. (I just wanted to see how many had)

I informed them that it was time to ban the "auto responders."

V123 has become a wasteland.

I still find work there though.

Dan L.
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: This is a test Reply with quote

Voice123 says it was a test of a "new feature". It looked like they were trying the infinite number of monkeys on the web routine instead.

Bruce
Mike
Nasty Brit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deirdre wrote:
Our Maiku plays all manner of characters in all manner of games. He makes an exceptionally excellent British Bad Guy.

Le Sex, indeed.

Why thank you Mistress Deirdre. Can I quote you on that?

Maiku.

P.S. Next bad guy appearance due out in October.

"If grass could run, cows would look like tigers."
Murray Wiggle
The Voice123 Team

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Voice123 spam - Our Explanation and Apology Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

This is Isabel from Voice123 I am the director and I wanted to personally apologize and give an explanation about this issues that you are commenting on here.

The e-mails that you are discussing, were tests that were not supposed to be made public, unfortunately a human error caused them to be submitted to the whole database. The spelling errors and nonsense content was due to the fact that they were tests that were not meant to be disclosed to anyone.

We explained and apologized for this in an e-mail that we sent to every single person in the database. I have pasted it here, in case you opted-out of receiving these messages.

I really appreciate your understanding, neither myself or anyone else in the team wanted this to affect you. We hope that when you see all the new releases we have coming up, all of this will be forgotten.

Sincerely,

Isabel Velez
Voice123 - The voice over marketplace
Toll Free from the US: 1.877.ASK.VOICE
New York & International: (+1) 646.825.9005
www.voice123.com
mikemckenzie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why that was very nice of you, Miss Isabel, thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: