VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slightly off subject - video creation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FinMac
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:23 am    Post subject: Slightly off subject - video creation Reply with quote

Greetings from a cool place, Finland!

I have a narration that I would like to use in creating a video. There is a ton of AI video generating software out there, but they all seem to want to create their own (awful) TTS voice track. I just want the software to create a video to match what I have already narrated.

Anyone know of one that will do what I am asking ?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

"If you want to get to the top, you have to get off your bottom". (Unknown)
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fin - I'm not quite sure I get where you're going, but https://www.pexels.com/videos is a site where you can download free stock video to match your VO. Then you would just need video editing software. imovie, maybe? Or the free version of DaVinci Resolve is very good. Overkill, perhaps, but good.

FinMac
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:50 am    Post subject: Thanks Todd Reply with quote

Thanks Todd for the information

Let me explain it a little better. I noticed that there are these AI programs that will generate a video based on a script.

I tried one using my text, but it changed the text to it's own. I want to use my own text.

Then it generates a 4th rate voice over using it's own text. I want to use my own narration.

I would rather not use just stock footage, but that the AI program creates the video itself.

Maybe I am asking too much ?

I will check out your suggestions and go from there, cheers! Smile

todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I renounce AI and all his works, the vain pomp and glory of the world, with all covetous desires of the same ... so I can't help you there. However, you could do what you are describing, then bring the file into a video editor, detach & delete the audio and replace with your own.

FinMac
Lucky 700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:01 am    Post subject: I agree with you Reply with quote

I agree with you Todd! I don't particularly like AI either.

Many years ago, I worked on Chess Computer programs. At that point I could still beat them, but not any more. (With the exception of a couple of years ago, when I beat Stockfish 8 at level 8. That was however a fluke).

I always argued with my computer programming boss, half-heartedly, that humans would be better than computers. It was a sad day for me when Gary Kasparov lost the chess match to Deep Blue in 1997.

But in the case of Video production I am in way over my head, so I am willing to give it a try.

I thought about what you suggested earlier, letting the program produce the video, and then imposing my voice over and music on top of it using another program. It might work well. I just have to find a program that can produce something worth using, and will allow me to use my own text so I can keep the same length.

Thanks again for your thoughts!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: