VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHERE YOU GO FOR VO INFO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:01 pm    Post subject: WHERE YOU GO FOR VO INFO Reply with quote

We know that VO-BB.com is a staple of your voiceover information diet Smile , but are there other websites, blogs, vlogs, podcasts, or Facebook or Instagram pages that you visit and gain something from your visit? This can be for helpful info or even entertainment. Thanks!

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .

Last edited by Bruce on Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
George
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crispin Freeman's interview series podcast is often valuable because he does his homework and digs deep into his interviewees.

Voiceover Bodyshop with Dan and (the vastly superior) George has good guests and useful tech updates.

The Pro Audio Suite podcast - also with George - dives deeper into the tech side of things but that's a huge part of what I'm into.

I gravitate to podcasts because I can listen to those while driving. I haven't found many Facebook groups that have much value that aren't all the same groups of people giving the same conflicting bad advice to the same people and that got real old real quick. If there are some GOOD ones, I'd love to know about it.

Because really, nothing beats here.
Bob Bergen
CM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it depends on what one wants out of their vo career. There are resources out there that won't help a union actor or an actor seeking to compete at that top level. And actors who don't wish to compete on that level will be lost on websites for union/A-list actors. There are some terrific group pages on social media. The Blumvox Studios Community is a great group, but more for beginners. The Gardner Group is a combo of people pursuing union and non-union. I do love Crispin's podcast. Also Rob Paulsen's Talkin Toons has some great interviews for those interested in animation.

https://iwanttobeavoiceactor.com
(brilliant website, with info ranging from "what is vo?" to "I have an agent, now what?"...and everything in-between)

https://vobuzzweekly.com
(hundreds of interviews with top talent, agents, CDs, etc....great for actors to research what specific agents and casting directors demand from talent, actor tips, etc.)

Between these 2 sites, it will take weeks to absorb all they have to offer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: