VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ADR Rates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYCVO21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject: ADR Rates Reply with quote

An translation agency that hires VOs for ADR work had me fill out a questionnaire, and asked for my rate - per finished line of dialogue. I could not find this info anywhere. Any ideas? (To clarify, although this is a translation agency, I would only be working in English, not translating anything myself; and I'm nonunion.)
Bob Bergen
CM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's ADR and there's dubbing. This sounds like a dubbing job. I think you are having issues finding a rate for the finished line because it may not exist. If it does, might I suggest NO ONE take this deal??!! This is like the audio book deal where the actor is paid per finished hour. It is a horrible deal. But it was accepted by too many and became the norm. Union dubbing pays crap rates. Netflix is one of the best- $124.50 per hour with a guaranteed 2 hour minimum. Better than anime, but still a ridiculous low rate for the skill it takes to do it well.

Now, if you really want to do this, ask the agent what the average rate per finished line is. But I suggest wait tables. Don't perpetuate this horrible business model.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: