VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please Critique my commercial demo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrandonVO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject: Please Critique my commercial demo Reply with quote

https://voca.ro/eRCeREnZ8wY

Comprises a compilation of commercials.
1.30 minutes in length.
I havent mixed it with music or any sound effects, so as to bring out my voice as best as possible.
Looking forward to your feedback!
Bob Bergen
CM

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is for a market outside the US, then it should be critiqued by someone in that market. This demo might be perfect for your market. But for the US, it would not be considered a competitive demo. It lacks production. A demo needs to not just reflect the talent's skills, but also how they fit into the commercial landscape. So again, this might fit in perfectly in your market. But for here, each spot needs to sound broadcast real, representing and demonstrating today's commercial landscape.
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi brandon - welcome back to the vo-bb! you are much improved from your last visit - kudos on that! but you're still not quite there. my critique is really with mic technique and your recording environment. lots of sibilance (that ssss sound) and harsh consonants. i think backing off the mic will help with this. the whole mix seems quite "bright" to me --- but not in a good way. oh - and there is a giant "clunk" at :05 seconds.

that said - if i got a demo with your style of read - very clean - from a better recording environment and some practice on where to be on the mic ... i could use it (in short bursts) in eLearning modules calling for an accented-american/sri lankan character. those roles are rare - but the DO occur.

so ... keep working on it - and keep posting updates.

Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have little to add to the previous thoughts.

You have improved - that is evident. But more needs to be done.

Keep up the good challenge You are getting there.

F2
BrandonVO

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! I know this is a bit of a late reply, but I was studying up on the arts and crafts of voice acting, based on all of your feedback. Right now Im brushing up on my stanislavinsky to help me further this goal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Critique All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: