VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fancy Paperweight For Sale ... Cheap!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:52 am    Post subject: Fancy Paperweight For Sale ... Cheap! Reply with quote

As an amusement I looked up Musicam Prima LT ISDN codecs on EBay. Holy carp. They’re going for pennies on the dollar. I bought mine at least 12 years ago for $3,500 give or take.

Anyway, Source Connect is working great and everyone of my repeat clients use it exclusively. So, anyone want a codec, cheap? I can’t make a warranty on it but I can say it worked flawlessly for all those years. I don’t have a proper box for it so I’ll need to have it packed by a pro. How about 50 smackaroos for the packing and shipping and it’s yours? Email me if you’re interested.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Eddie Eagle
M&M

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

put it up for sale on ShootOnline.com
You might find someone with a need. I sold mine to a PBS station 6 years ago on the classifieds.
Jack Daniel
Cinquecento

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is giving me gear lust mixed with nostalgia for tech I’ve never owned. Call it borrowed nostagia? (“Stolen” is such an ugly word.)

I doubt I’d ever use it, and my workshop is getting crowded with cables “I just know I’ll need someday,” but the irrational imp in charge of my monies is insisting that you Just Never Know.
Lee Gordon
A Zillion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Musicam Roadrunner that I bought used for $800 a few years ago. I imagine it has a similarly low resale value. Since it is most likely going to be at least 7-8 months before I can get back to CT, I'm thinking I'll cancel my ISDN and not have to pay the $1000 it would cost me to maintain the line for that 7-8 months when I can't use the service, even if I want to. And that's on top of the $1500 I've paid to not use it since November. I probably won't sell the codec, though. I'll keep it just in case I ever want to reinstate my service, if such a thing would even be possible.
Twitter: @LeeGordonVoice
georgethetech
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a history of Telos ISDN codecs on my shelf.
All of them work, too. Last one I bought was an Xstream, shipped to my door for $50. That and VISDN from SE and you'd have an ISDN line again.
424-226-8528
VOBS.TV Co-host
TheProAudioSuite.com Co-host
TriBooth.com Co-founder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: