VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Tips for How to Handle the Isolation?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject: Any Tips for How to Handle the Isolation? Reply with quote

I'm lucky that I've got a spouse who's a good partner and roommate (25 years now) so we provide support for each other. We have nice neighbors on either side of us and have occasional "deck chats". Even then we yearn for the freedom to get out and do whatever, whenever. I get out once a week or so for basic shopping and Em meets her women's group every couple of weeks in a park, several feet away from each other. Zoom chats and FaceTime calls with you all and other friends help. I have a board games group I used to see weekly, and two nights now we've played group games using a site called Jackbox.TV . I can recommend it if you like games of wits and words.

I for one believe our lives will be dominated by this bug for many months to come. On the checklist of conditions that cause severe consequences, I tick off a few of them, ugh. I've got too many people who depend on me, so I'm going to be as cautious and safe as I can.

Now, what are you doing, if anything, to avoid going stir crazy?

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Eddie Eagle
M&M

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are lucky to have one of the best resources in your part of the country to get out and enjoy. The Columbia River Gorge has so many hiking trails you can't find a bad one. Or drive up to Mt Hood and Timberline to take a walk. Dare I mention fishing in any local river for steelhead or salmon???

The Olympic Rainforest is only about 3.5 hrs drive from you. Weekends would be perfect for that.

All this stuff is easily done and you shouldn't have a problem keeping physical distancing at any of these places.

I found so many gems in WA and OR. Get out there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: