VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newcomer from Argentina

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luis Trumper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:30 am    Post subject: Newcomer from Argentina Reply with quote

Hi everybody :

Hope you are well in this challenging times..
As the pandemic progress I have been forced to stay at home and and look for new ways to make a living. I worked on TV and radio in the past, made voice overs too. Then I began other career , teaching astronomy.
So I am a bit rusty but I didn t lost my voice (I think). In the last years I made some documentary voice overs and dubbing for a few producers, among them the Houston Museum of Natural Science.
I have been visiting these forum , reading a lot of posts and found it very helpful for say the least.
As I don t have any relationships I began sending my resume to several agencies and became a bronze member of Voice123 as a way to, at least do some auditions and make some contacts. I have to say that, in three weeks I only have been invited 7 times. My language is Spanish so I assume there are few chances to audition compared with english.

Could you recommend me a few sites, P2P or agencies that were more aimed to the Spanish language market?

Would be great if any of you could check my profile and samples at https://voice123.com/trumperl to hear your reviews, advices to improve my chances, etc.

I have an iMac with Logic Pro X and a decent mic and acceptable insulation (I think)

Thanks in advance and stay safe

Luis Trumper
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi luis - welcome to the vo-bb!

i speak a half dozen words of spanish so there's that --- but your voice is buttah ... and your recording environment sounds perfectly acceptable to me.

not a lot of P2P fans around here --- but there are some making it work well --- so maybe they'll chime in!

Jack Daniel
Cinquecento

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Luis. I don't know much about V123 (at least not any more) but I can tell you the market for Spanish voice over is large in the U.S. My guess is that V123 attracts mostly lower-budget buyers looking to fill the occasional VO need in English, and that you will continue to see few projects in your native tongue--esp. right now with many Explainer and similar budgets restricted. Also, I'm not sure what "bronze" correlates to these days, but it sounds like a lower-tier plan, and I believe that V123 makes life difficult for those who choose not to pay them large fees to become more visible to buyers. So you are playing the P2P game at a severe disadvantage compared with those who are willing to put more "P" into the first part of P2P.

I see many Spanish-speaking VOs on Facebook, some of whom earn excellent livings. Agencies want to have a strong Spanish-speaking component, but of course there are many more applicants than positions, so being at your supremely confident best is critical when you start your overtures to agencies.

Perhaps you could seek out people on social media who are doing what you want to do and see what they say in their posts. There are a number of Spanish-focused VO groups you could join. After some time spent reading up, you might gently contact some of those who seem to know what they're doing (you'll find this isn't always easy, as those who don't know what they're doing are especially strident in their pronouncements).

And be willing to not work a whole lot as you find your feet again--while working very hard on your skills. Finding a recommended coach can be helpful--not just for skill development, but for navigating the VO world and contacts within agencies. The utility of coaches is at least as much their relationships with agency decision-makers, as they can make an introduction--but rarely before you've been working with them for some time :)

This board was invaluable to me when I was starting out, and remains so to me now, because it is full of people who've been "on the job" for years and decades. Listen to them before you listen to the likes of me :)
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search for:

Talent Agent Spanish Voice Over

You will find good reputable agents and production houses, and some apestosos. Listen to their demos. Compare the quality of the people they represent and the language they use to describe their company. Email or call some of the talents and see what they have to say.

You shouldn't have to pay lots of money to be represented!

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
sounddguy
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Newcomer from Argentina Reply with quote

Luis Trumper wrote:
Hi everybody :

Could you recommend me a few sites, P2P or agencies that were more aimed to the Spanish language market?

I know a number of folks user fiver. No personal experience but you can give them a look through.

If you are on Facebook, reach out to Ripley Johnson's VO Rec Room.
Luis Trumper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

ok, thanks for your suggestions. Do you have any link or agency to recommend me? Don t know if this is allowed in the forum. If not you could send an email or PM.
Don t forget to hear my samples when you can. Although is another language you are all professionals so your opinions are more than welcome!

Thanks again for take your time to give me your insights.

Luis
Luis Trumper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

todd ellis wrote:
hi luis - welcome to the vo-bb!

i speak a half dozen words of spanish so there's that --- but your voice is buttah ... and your recording environment sounds perfectly acceptable to me.

not a lot of P2P fans around here --- but there are some making it work well --- so maybe they'll chime in!

Thanks for take your time to listen the samples and also for your review!

Luis
ConnieTerwilliger
Triple G

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you consider your accent neutral Spanish? If so, then I would search for museum video producers - and contact major museums directly and ask them who produces the videos for their exhibits. They are almost always translated into Spanish these days.

Here are two producers I know who do museum work.

Boston Productions
Northern Light
Luis Trumper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ConnieTerwilliger wrote:
Would you consider your accent neutral Spanish? If so, then I would search for museum video producers - and contact major museums directly and ask them who produces the videos for their exhibits. They are almost always translated into Spanish these days.

Here are two producers I know who do museum work.

Boston Productions
Northern Light

Hi Connie:

Yes, I think so. Did you hear my demos? Thanks for the museum info.I have just send them my CV/ demos etc

Thanks again for your help

Luis
ConnieTerwilliger
Triple G

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be able to tell if you had neutral Spanish or not - I am only on day 170 of Duolingo - aprendiendo espaņol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: