VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Behringer will be releasing free DAW software

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eddie Eagle
M&M

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject: Behringer will be releasing free DAW software Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of Behringer stuff but this will be another alternative for those that want a free DAW.

https://www.engadget.com/2020/03/09/behringer-free-digital-audio-workstation/
Jack Daniel
Cinquecento

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Behringer will be releasing free DAW software Reply with quote

UA is also releasing a "free" DAW this Spring. You have to be a UA customer, and it looks to be chock-full of in-program buy-ups, but I am curious about it.
Bish
3.5 kHz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Behringer one seems a little far out (a year?)... but I'll be interested in seeing what they offer. Behringer used to have a bad reputation for low-quality consumer-grade crap... I bought one of their mixers once... it went straight back to the store (the noise level was totally unacceptable). This was probably about fifteen years ago. Since then, I've bought a number of bits of hardware from them... synthesizers, an 8-channel ADAT box... all seem absolutely fine. Behringer current policy (especially with synths) is to very accurately clone something... their attention to detail is remarkable. If they carry this philosophy over to a DAW, expect a fully functioning ProTools or Audition clone that just manages to keep on the safe side of legality Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: