VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random Acts of Kindness

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject: Random Acts of Kindness Reply with quote

There is something in the air!

Over the years I have always made it a point to do something unusual; something such as paying for someones groceries or meal at a fast food drive-up window, or another deed of good will to others. I might add: I do this at all times of the year not just during the season of giving.

This year things changed. I became the recipient.

While taking myself (I am the only one I which can stand me) to dinner, a young man (Greg) and his family were behind me in line and while I was attempting to pay for my meal this young man stepped up and paid for my repast.

Wow, I thanked him and accepted graciously. I am not used to being on the receiving end of a random act of kindness and was in awe.

If you feel so moved to make another persons day, do so. Pay it forward, you never know how karma will return to you as it always does.

F2
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabby story.

The only comment I would make is that we should never court Karma, it's not actually a thing any more than scientology is a science, nor should we expect anything other than a lighter wallet and a lighter spirit.

If I received back 1/10th of what I've cheerfully given away I would not be in the parlous state I find myself today. At present I have a cheese and a biscuit to see me through Michaelmas and 1 shoe to take Bess the Border Collie out for a walk, or hop in my case.

"Their need is greater than mine" Always.
Yonie
CM

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philip Banks wrote:
The only comment I would make is that we should never court Karma, it's not actually a thing any more than scientology is a science, nor should we expect anything other than a lighter wallet and a lighter spirit.

If I received back 1/10th of what I've cheerfully given away I would not be in the parlous state I find myself today. At present I have a cheese and a biscuit to see me through Michaelmas and 1 shoe to take Bess the Border Collie out for a walk, or hop in my case.

"Their need is greater than mine" Always.

Golden Rule applies, and you never demand reciprocity for having spent what amounts to nothing. If given gratitude ask them to pay it forward in any way they are able, and others are unable.

This is why people say they miss you. This is what people speak of to their families. This is what makes someone's day, week, or year a better one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: