VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After much thought...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick Riley
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: After much thought... Reply with quote

Bruce wrote a sticky note about contributing to the VO-BB. I didn’t see it because honestly, I only come here when I need something. But I got an email from Bruce as well, with basically the same info.

My view; Bob Bergen noted in the sticky that there are tons of free BB’s out there and if Bruce wants to generate revenue he should look to advertising. Just what Bruce needs. MORE WORK. Anyone here ever tried to sell advertising? I had a business that failed because it was an on air barter and I was required to sell my own advertising. Program Directors loved the vignette, but I had to produce AND sell and that made for 25 hour days, which made me invisible to my family.

So I thought about Bruce’s email, among the multiple emails I received that day asking for $$’s and I set Bruce’s aside. Knowing him personally I thought, when I need an industry opinion, do I call coach at $50 a consultation? When I’d like a critique, do I call a pro for $150 who will tell me what’s wrong and how with more $$’s they can fix it. When I want to find out about something new in the industry, do I call around to those I know and leave voicemails so they can call back some time and leave me a voicemail?

The answer to all of those is ‘no’, I come to the VO-BB because I know I can get all that and QUICKLY move on with my life. What’s that worth? Well that’s up to you, but it’s certainly worth something and for my contribution yesterday, I received this from Bruce this morning…

Hi Rick,
Thank you for your support. It really means a lot.
Bruce

The questions are above, what they are worth to you can be answered with this PayPal address https://www.paypal.me/VOBB and a nice note to go along with it.

And thanks to Dan for helping in this venture as well.

www.rickrileyvoice.com
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my thoughts exactly.

after 9,459 posts in almost 12 years my my total comes to an average of 1.44 posts per day. nearly three of those posts had something of ... a bit of ... well, maybe a shred of value to someone else ... but probably not. the point is, i spend a lot more money on a lot dumber stuff & i'm happy to help when i can.

ConnieTerwilliger
Triple G

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have contributed in the past and tossed a little in the kitty just now. Feed the llama...
melissa eX
MMD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here and I'm glad Bruce sent the email out because it reminded me that I probably wouldn't be where I am now if not for this place - and I'm SO glad Bruce offered to take care of it. I haven't been around a lot lately and it hasn't been top of mind, so the note about contributing was welcome.

I have to get back here more often again.
Kristin Lennox
Flight Attendant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree. This place is unlike every other VO "forum" I've found -- it has personality, and heart, humor and sound advice.

And I'm willing to toss in some $ to keep it that way.

Dee doo. Dee doot doot doo dee doo.

my website
Mike Harrison
M&M

Location: Equidistant from New York City and Philadelphia, along the NJ Shore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wonderful people who make this forum what it is have many times provided some solid footing for me, on not only a professional level but a personal one, as well, and I could not be more appreciative. I'm also happy to help whenever I can. Thank you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: