VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SAG-AFTRA VO Page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Bergen
CM

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject: SAG-AFTRA VO Page Reply with quote

Hi all! SAG-AFTRA now has a page solely devoted to voiceover. Check out the FAQ section.

This section will be constantly added to and growing. If you have union vo questions you think would be of value to both members and non members, DO NOT POST HERE! Please email me at bob@bobbergen.com

Not all questions will go on the page. But this will really help to make this page THE go to resource for both union and non union vo actors.

I have already submitted a few of my own, including requesting a detailed explanation of how to convert nonunion vo work, as well as which contracts CAN be converted. So, hit me with more! Thanks!
https://www.sagaftra.org/contracts-industry-resources/voiceover?fbclid=IwAR14E3cMDycSZzSNESybfug2DCGLGRs8vjjUZVLgioYVsU0Opc4g4td9zq4
Bish
3.5 kHz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I took a quick look and it's great to have everything collected in one place. Apart from that, it's good to see VO being given a home of its own.
Frank F
Fat, Old, and Sassy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Bob. I might have to lower my rates though....

F2
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved a copy of this thread to The Research forum for safe keeping. Now I want to figure out how to be a voiceover stunt performer or pilot to make those really big bucks.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Bob Bergen
CM

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank F wrote:
Thanks for the info Bob. I might have to lower my rates though....

F2

Perhaps. But I gotta tell ya, the majority who make a living working union vo do not do so on season fees. It's all about residuals.

Plus, P&H. Calculate what is paid on private health care and the money put aside for retirement and investments and see if your rates are still better or even relative. If my session rates were doubled or even tripled from scale, with benefits I am still way ahead!

Not to mention the legal representation we get from the union.

It is absolutely not for everyone. But the information on this page is indeed valuable for everyone, including those who decide they would do better staying non union.
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks bob! i've always been one of those "not for everyone" people, but i like the way this information is laid out & all in one place. very handy. great work!

Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an Actor hired as a Pilot I'd get $1.200 per day plus H&E. PMT and legal for acting as if I wasn't a Pilot?

Seriously, useful information. As a British Equity Union member I subject to an agreement not to undercut SAG-AFTRA member. Interesting to note that to my knowledge no reciprocal agreement exists.
Bob Bergen
CM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philip Banks wrote:
As an Actor hired as a Pilot I'd get $1.200 per day plus H&E. PMT and legal for acting as if I wasn't a Pilot?

Seriously, useful information. As a British Equity Union member I subject to an agreement not to undercut SAG-AFTRA member. Interesting to note that to my knowledge no reciprocal agreement exists.

In the event of a British Equity or ACTRA work stoppage SAG-AFTRA has a handshake agreement to honor their negotiations. But the majority of both union's vo contracts undercut SAG-AFTRA's in residuals and P&H. Not sure about session fees or agency commission.

Also, much of the vo work in both regions is non union. During our game strike many game buyers recorded in London. Equity honored our strike, but since the majority of games in London were not recorded union there were many actors willing to take the work.
Jack Daniel
Cinquecento

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Bergen, keepin' it real!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Research and Development All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: