VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Have A New Job Description

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: I Have A New Job Description Reply with quote

I'm a hummingbird wrangler.

The weather was nice late last afternoon so our big glass door to the deck was wide open. Our hummingbird feeders are nearby. I joked about one of them flying into the living room one of these days. A half hour later not one but two of them flew in and headed straight for a recessed skylight high over the middle of the room. The birds like chasing each other around the feeders and this time they went too far. Trapped, all they could figure was to head for daylight, straight up, banging themselves against the clear acrylic panel. They had the tiniest of ledges to sit on and rest, too. We tried every safe method we could think of to encourage them to fly down two feet and then out the door, with no luck.

So we waited it out for three hours, door open and it getting colder every minute until they tried flying down instead of up. The first one flew into the dining room and collapsed onto the floor. As I tried to pick him up he did the hummingbird version of growling at me with fierce chirps and buzzing wings. My third try I got him by the tail and wings, got him outside and laid him on a table on the deck. A few minutes of rest and off he flew into the night.

Bird number two eventually came down and flew behind a bunch of plants and things which we had to move to get to him. He was much calmer and seemed to be relieved. He flew out of Emma's hand to one of the feeders and enjoyed his delayed dinner.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Bailey
4 Large

Location: Lake San Marcos... north of Connie, northwest of the Best.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bird in the hand, is worth two in the skylight.
VO-BB Member #00044 W00T
AOVA Graduate 02/2004 ;
"Be a Voice, not an Echo."Ninja
Lizden
A Zillion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So cool!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: