VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UA Apollo / Arrow and ipDTL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quicksilver
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: UA Apollo / Arrow and ipDTL Reply with quote

I can't seem to get my UA Arrow to play nice with ipDTL. The audio sent from my end is very distorted. Audio coming to me sounds fine.

Anyone had this issue before and found a solution?

Running Windows 10.

Thanks in advance if anyone has a second to weigh in.
Bruce
Boardmeister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried going to the Facebook ip/DTL page? Lots of experience there including the head Dittle who regularly chimes in with advice.

B
VO-BB Member #31 Enlisted June, 2005

I'm not a Zoo, but over the years I've played one on radio/TV. .
Jack Daniel
Cinquecento

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: UA Apollo / Arrow and ipDTL Reply with quote

Quicksilver wrote:
I can't seem to get my UA Arrow to play nice with ipDTL. The audio sent from my end is very distorted. Audio coming to me sounds fine.

Seems unlikely to me that this has anything to do with your Arrow or the console software. I've had issues like this, and every time it's been the browser. If you use the ipDTL dedicated browser app, restart it at least once a day. If you are using regular Chrome, switch to the browser app (downloadable on the ipdtl website).

I'm not a tech and don't work for the company, just sharing experience. Hope it helps! If not, Kevin Leach is responsive and helpful. As Bruce noted, the FB page is a good spot.
Lance Blair
M&M

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had so many Opus Codec issues on Windows 10 that went back to Windows 8 to fix it. And then eventually that got bad too.

I had to go to a Mac.

It's a common problem too for ipDTL, etc. to work fine on Windows 10 for exactly 10 or 20 minutes and then crap out and be all distorted.
Dan-O
The Gates of Troy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately for you, the UA Arrow is not on the approved list of ipDTL audio interfaces:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1umsqnZwqVYzIb18ublpZxVGhfU3D0Uokl1kJzHasUiM/edit#gid=0

Universal Audio is being incredibly stubborn about updating their driver to support Chrome browser use. I know this for a fact because my Apollo Twin USB has the same issue. After a few go-arounds with customer support ("Our products are made for musicians." Seriously, they said that) UA suggested I post in the Wants and Wishes category of their forum.

https://uadforum.com/wants-wishes/36666-driver-update-chrome-browser.html

The more voices that post, the more likely the programmers' ears may open and actually hear us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Gear ! All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: