VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LOW RENT and should be watched pre-offended to save time!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject: LOW RENT and should be watched pre-offended to save time! Reply with quote

As, for the most part (look at the numbers) no one watches I can say what I like, what I believe, what I know to be true. This is so great I am going to buy it a hat and name it Arthur - King of the Kingy things!

https://vimeo.com/297881139
Bish
3.5 kHz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm enjoying your new round of missives. I particularly enjoy the ones that remind us how totally unimportant we all are... because really, in the grand scheme of things, we are totally not moving the world one step forward... not even a nano-step. I can see how some may be slightly miffed when you burst their carefully constructed bubble (made of unicorn poo and snowflakes) where they take on a grandeur that more befits someone who has actually accomplished something important (like making a particularly good sausage sarnie).

It was back in the mid-seventies. I was rolling around West London (near Heathrow) in a little yellow van playing at being a British Telecom engineer... doing stuff to keep the great British Public talking (actually, it was a two-year study of local transport cafes in search of the aforementioned, perfect sausage sarnie). We had occasion to pull the lid off a small pavement junction box, and in the process blocked a parked car. While doing our stuff, this rather irate young lady comes out to the car we had temporarily blocked and started ranting about how important it was that she not have her car blocked. "Sorry... We'll be ten minutes Luv." (for we were allowed to talk like that in the seventies) ... "But, but, but... I'm a Stewardess!"

Now... the question is (as unimpressed as we were)... would we have been even more underwhelmed if she'd said, "But, I'm a Voiceoverist!"?
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the 1970s within the greater London area the search for the ultimate sausage sarnie would prove a challenge. 2018 - Impossible because one would have to include artisan sausages in brioche rolls.

Stewardess Vs Voiceoverist. One would've been driving a Triumph Spitfire the other waiting for a bus.

"Philip, you are a leading influencer in the global voice over community."

Even if you have to lie PLEASE tell me that isn't so.
Bish
3.5 kHz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philip Banks wrote:
Stewardess Vs Voiceoverist. One would've been driving a Triumph Spitfire the other waiting for a bus.

That is so funny... and so accurate! (you know your stewardesses!). In fact, it was a Triumph Spitfire! A yellow '74 MkIV, in fact. I remember it well as I was batting around in a rust-enhanced, British Racing Green, borderline MOT pass, '66 MkII at the time Smile

... oh, and you're not a leading influencer in the global voice over community. Your influence is Port Gordon wide... well, when I say that, I mean, to a certain canine inhabitant whose approval can be bought with the occasional curry or Rich Tea biscuit.
Jen Gosnell
A Hundred Dozen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to be a leading influencer to voiceoverists when your message boils down to "Quit acting like a dumb@$$ and just get the work done in an effective and efficient manner."

I mean, that's some pretty sound advice right there. But there's not nearly enough hubris included to attract the attention of those who actually need to hear the message, so I guess you are relegated to our corner of an internet, Philip. Fortunately, we like you here. Wink
JohnV
Been Here Awhile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen Gosnell wrote:
... I guess you are relegated to our corner of an internet, Philip. Fortunately, we like you here. Wink

HERE'S TO THE CORNER!
Tre M.
Backstage Pass

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear Hear!

While I don't want to work for massive yachts (anymore) I do love collecting old records on vinyl...and cast iron cookware.

Now, where's my PIN!

Source Connect: http://source-connect.com/tremovo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: