VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

50 Shades of awesomeness !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philip Banks
Je Ne Sais Quoi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:02 am    Post subject: 50 Shades of awesomeness ! Reply with quote

Focus and do not be distractified!

https://vimeo.com/255346458
todd ellis
A Zillion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got the "i can't tell you - i have an N.D.A." bit from someone a few days ago. i said "i really doubt that.", but moved the conversation along anyway.

ya know while we're talking about it - i was really frustrated friday (2/9) after sitting here in my padded chair all day trying to make words come out of my mouth. it was one of those really HARD days where my lips were just not working properly and i had lots & lots of words to get out. i was thinking "this is bulls##it", "it's not worth it" etc ... and i was complaining to a friend who is an instructor at the community college a few blocks from here. he explained how long someone sitting on a back-hoe in the freezing cold had to work to make the same amount of money, and i kind of felt bad.

Bish
3.5 kHz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

todd ellis wrote:
...he explained how long someone sitting on a back-hoe in the freezing cold had to work to make the same amount of money, and i kind of felt bad.
This is so true. We need to always remember stuff like this when we start to lose focus and start feeling a bit sorry for ourselves.

My own epiphany came a few years ago. I'd landed a gig in NYC and the session was set for 9am. Normally, 9am for me is for shlepping around in a dressing gown concentrating on getting caffeine and nicotine into my system... and maybe checking messages if I can focus. To make the gig in plenty of time, I had to get up at around 5:30 on a freezing morning and head to the station. I was not a happy camper and was feeling a tad sorry for myself. Then I looked around at all the others on the packed commuter train. I started to feel a little more grateful about my lot in life. Then I looked out of the window as we passed the railroad marshaling yards. It was icy-cold and all over the place were railroad track workers doing what they do... resplendent in their bright orange hi-visibility jackets over their winter coats... and boots, and gloves, and hats, and scarves. It was then I felt like a real idiot. Really... what did I have to complain about?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: