VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD!
Where A.I. is a four-letter word.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not to beat a dead horse...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthEndVoice
Contributor IV

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Not to beat a dead horse... Reply with quote

Since there are several contributors to the Indiegogo MixerFace campaign here, you might be interested in this nugget from the most recent update posted today on the campaign site:

"So. we want to start one more campaign. This time for a wireless amp. The primary goal of that new campaign would definitely be to raise funds for MixerFace, We plan to start that campaign this month. "

So now one must ask ...are the contributors to this new "wireless amp" campaign going to be privy to the fact that the primary goal is to raise funds to be used for the three year, as yet undelivered MixerFace campaign?

I'm not so sure those contributors would be comfortable with that logic. Perhaps in three years they will still be waiting for the wondrous "wireless amp" while more funding is solicited to finish that project.

Failure to deliver is one thing....deception is another thing entirely.
Bish
3.5 kHz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good grief. I have been very outspoken with my views about the whole CEntrance/MixerFace/Indiegogo debacle and have questioned both their business plan and the ethics. I feel really sorry for anyone who gave them money... they were abused by a company trading on their "good name" and status within a vertical market. This latest update is tantamount to blatantly admitting that they're running a tech investment Ponzi scheme. I'm just amazed that they keep coming back to their investors begging for more. People need to stop double-downing on this and walk away. CEntrance need to get their act together and stop whining about the fact that the big retailers are interested in carrying MixerFace but won't place orders... but in a marketplace where everyone and their dog produces an interface, why would they commit to buying your vaporware? Don't blame the retailers for your failure to give them a product to sell... next, it'll be the customers' fault that a product failed.
Jen Gosnell
A Hundred Dozen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridiculous. Just, wow.

Thanks for posting that update.
sdaeley17
Club 300

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those wanting to hear the whole sorry song and dance.

"Several folks requested an update, which is definitely overdue. In the meantime, many people requested a swap to a comparably priced product. If you are interested in a swap, please let us know - we will do that gladly. DACportable seems to be a popular choice. It's our best portable headphone amp to date. Used by mastering engineers and musicians to listen to audio off the phone, it offers superb sound quality and long battery life. It's also very small and great for travel. We realize that it doesn't record audio, so it's not a full replacement. But it's what we can offer today.

Meantime, a status report. We are here, but our business has suffered with the overall industry slump. We've been working hard to find additional funds to get MixerFace made but have not found a partner to date. We've even been offering splitting profits and other perks. It's somewhat ironic that B&H wants the product and they are not alone. Sweetwater, Full Compass, Marketertek and other large retailers are interested in carrying MixerFace, but nobody wants to place a large enough order to allow us to commence production. As I said before, all we need is $40k, but we don't have that internally. Out of five Indiegogo campaigns we ran, this has been the strangest one. All other campaigns have been long delivered and all customers are happy.

We are not giving up and looks like MixerFace is very relevant today. Perhaps you can say it was introduced ahead of its time.

So what do we do? We are a small company with very limited resources. How can we raise the needed funds? So far, Indiegogo has been the best method. We don't have any other ones. So. we want to start one more campaign. This time for a wireless amp. The primary goal of that new campaign would definitely be to raise funds for MixerFace, We plan to start that campaign this month.

To summarize, we are not at all happy with how this project has gone and we are not giving up. We are working hard to bridge the gap of trust and deliver to everyone on this campaign."

I have been more patient than most, but this is ridiculous. Unfortunately, Michael has made it clear he will not refund contributors at this point, only give them credit towards their other wildly popular products.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VO-BB - 19 YEARS OLD! Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: